I've had BV for 8 years please help me

Posted , 29 users are following.

I have had BV / bacterial vaginosis for 8 years after receiving oral sex. Since then I have had many test,maybe 10 doctors, clear pap smears,hundreds of dollars in “cures” or appointments. I have taken many pills,supplements,homemade cures to try to cure.Most recently I tried Genitan Violet, it pretty much burned 3 treatments in, in my labia minora and the smell is already coming back…Some of these helped for the time i used them, but as soon as I stopped it came right back Since then I have had no sexual contact with any one because what man would want a person who smells like rotten meat, ammonia, or fish .. one of my many smells which I have had every day without cease for 8 goddamn years..But I must admit I did quit for months on end because it was draining my pocketbook and so damn depressing i’m a 27 year old virgin thanks to this beside the oral sex. before the sexual encounter i had never even had a yeast infection let alone any sort of smell.. can someone help me? I’d like to have a healthy sex life or even a chance at love, but if I can’t even get rid of this smell I may as well prepare for no kids,or marriage or any kind of intimate life

here is the list of everything i have tried

FOLIC ACID (2014-16)

METRO GEL (2008,2013) **GAVE ME A RASH,BUT I STILL COMPLETED THE TREATMENT

GARLIC (2015)

PROBIOTICS (2012) (2015)

YOGURT(2009,2015)

ZINC(2015)

MULTIVITAMINS (2015)

AMOXICILLIN (2008)

AZO (2009,2011)

REPHRESH (2009)

VINEGAR (2014,2015)

PEROXIDE (2015)

DOUCHING (2015)

CLINDAMICYIN (2013)

FLAGYL (2008)

DIFICULAN (2008)

BORIC ACID (2014,2015) - EVENTUALLY START DAMAGING MY BITS

VITAMIN C (2015) - BURNED LIKE HELL

BAKING SODA (2015)

Fluconazole (2009)

Miconazole nitrate (2009)

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (2014,2015)

WATER (2014,2015)

EPSOM SALT BATHS (2015)

DIET CHANGES (2008-2015)

TEA TREE OIL (2014)

NORFORMS (2015)

CHLOROPHYL  -LIQUID(2016)

PREBIOTIC (2015-16)

GENITAN VIOLET - (2016)

PROBIOTIC (2016)

FOLIC ACID + B12 (2016)

MORE BORIC ACID (2016)

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’m 38 years old and have been struggling with BV since I was 17. It’s a horribly embarrassing problem and completely ruins self esteem and confidence. When I was young I had no idea how to combat it. The drs look at u like you’re filthy after you’re there a couple times with it, as if IT isn’t humiliating enough. There was no internet then, and no where to turn. As I got older and had more resources to look for cures and prevention, I realized different things work for different women and nothing that worked for everyone else worked for me! I finally, after spending years of recurring infections and more money than I can count found something that’s worked for me, and anyone else that suffered from BV that I led to it. And it was so simple and cheap. I got 30 boric acid suppositories from eBay for ten bucks, and a huge bag of baking soda from Sams Club. I washed my privates with baking soda, and used a boric acid suppository nightly. During this time I am also trying to eat yogurt with live cultures once daily and sometimes even took a drink of apple cider vinegar.  It worked so well that any time I develop a symptom I follow this regimen and it’s gone before it starts.  My oldest daughter also got BV regularly. This worked for her as well and also for a friend of mine who could not seem to get rid of it. I have told these forums for years reading what works for everyone else. I’ve never replied to anyone until now. Now I feel like I have something useful to say and I really hope that this works for someone else. It’s a pretty  Big deal because nothing ever worked for me. Good luck. I hope this can be the beginning of the end of this Unpleasant journey for you.
    • Posted

Did you mix the baking soda with water and did you clean externally only or internally before hand?
    • Posted

Is it safe to be pregnante if you have BV discharge?
  • Posted

I just came across this thread and I have screenshotted and googled so many suggestions.. I have been having BV since April this year and 2 rounds of antibiotics and it came back for the third time this week. This time with the odor I have never had and I’m disgusted with myself and embarrassed. I ordered some activ BV gel today with hopes of relief. I have drank apple cider vinegar, ate an orange, drank cranberry juice, took my probiotic, ate my yogurt and ate pineapples all in one day for 2 days for the citrus shock not working and my period starts in 2 days which I’m freaked out cause I haven’t had BV and my cycle at the same time and I heard it will get worse.  I know I’m not alone but this crap sucks and being 39 and having 4 children I feel like I never want to have sex again cause I hate BV. Any recents attempts of relief from anyone? 
    • Posted

I suggest also getting garlic pills with high accilin values. It will help it from getting worse and creating a biofilm
    • Posted

Well I have decided I refuse to immediately run to the doctor for antibotic... I have ordered boric acid suppositories on a rush so I am going to give that a try and go from there along with all my other efforts... if I see it gets worse or I changes I am going to go to the doctor kicking and screaming lol but I feel like I have worked so hard to build up some good ph that the antibiotics are going to ruin all my efforts.. I feel like and walking knowledge book of BV all the dang research I have done. 
    • Posted

By the way doesn’t seem to be getting worse but I am on my cycle so that is horrid on it’s own 
  • Posted

Something that might help is to look at your diet. What you eat can affect pH balance and contribute to the possible prolonging of your BV. My doctor recommended that I see a nutritionist and it was surprisingly helpful in clearing my own issues. It has been two years since this post, so maybe you've already had success. I hope all is well or works out! --MaybeThis

• Posted

READ THIS LADIES!! I had BV for the past 6-7 years, every day ... never a break.. it destroys underwear, and became rather embarrassing in the bedroom department. 

I couldn’t have a nice hot bath 

I couldn’t have a bubble bath 

I couldn’t wear undeadwerar 

I couldn’t wash my hair in the bath 

I couldn’t do a lot of things 

I finally found a cure! Well for me anyway! Ever noticed you go to the shops femfresh £4 and still gives me BV,  that canastafresh stuff £11.99!!!! I tried Johnson’s baby moisturising bath and for 3 days I’ve had NO sign of BV, 

It is PH balanced and gives you smooth skin £1.50 

I’ve now got 3 of my mates to try it and they have all said the same it worked immediately xxxx

• Posted

its now been 2 years since i asked for help making this 10 years, i have tried some more attempts to rid it, i think i'm going to give up now 

• Posted

METROCONDIZOLE !! WILL CURE HAD IT FOR 3 YEARS TRIED EVERYTHING U DID !

while taking this eat yogurt ! will get rid of good & bad bacteria !!

FOR FERTILITY USE MACA ROOT POWDER OR PILLS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.