I've had pip assessment awaiting decision.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had my pip assessment and was wondering how long it takes usually for them to make a decision. Also i've heard that you're less likely to get a "YES" if you had a female assessor, does anybody know wether this is true or just a myth, and lastly i've not had my e.s.a assessment, so if i do get awarded pip will this mean i then wont have to go for an e.s.a assessment? Thanks for any info and advice as im new to this site ans esa/pip. Much appreciated. 

Neil

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't know the answers because I've been just been sent the PIP form so I haven't been through it yet, and I've never had an E.S.A assessment. I'm interested in people's replies.
  • Posted

I have had both ESA and PIPS assessments as they are both different although both DWP.  I found the question we are asked bear no relevance to all our different medical conditions. This all needs to be seriously revised ATOS in particular. Also as I was assessed by a male assessor back in May got 16 points before shoulder surgery , in Jan after shoulder surgery I got 7points by a female totally incompetent assessor. I am at the tribunal stage right now . Having been awarded 2 years enhanced Pip rate and now being put into the ESA support group I have had my PIPS award taken away. 
  • Posted

I'd say it's a myth unless it's one of those gender to gender things ,I has a lady last time she was great , 2 years on my current assesment I've had my pip stopped and on seeing the decision letter . My "male" assesor has said I past all the tests . I couldn't even do most of it due to pain ..and everything I told hm that is also in my form isn't even referred to in the letter .. it's like theyve mixed up my form or something .. I have to have my carer wash me and help me after the toilet they have said I don't need toilet help ..that kind of thing ... so now I've got to sort all of this out and I'm so worried ..

Hope all goes well for you .. my only advice is if you can record the whole meeting , I wish I had !

• Posted

Hi Js1984. Hope you get through with top marks. Yes it is a worry and i"m beggining to worry about these assessors. Your"e problems and needs would be plain to see. All they have to do is see it as it is and put a truthfull report in. They must be getting extra pay for putting in untruths or something. £££££. They causing extra work and stress. for the record >FEMALE o points ESA, once.<>FEMALE 8 points PIP, then FEMALE reduced to 4 points PIP<. ta>
    • Posted

Thanks , well I'm off to my gp and the physio lady for a letter as now evidence, my problems are managed by physio which doest have much input with my gp except recently I was called in to see a gp because my physio lady has referee me to the pain clinic for further help and treatment ..

I no ideas if they actually check with the gp and physio .. they were who I put down to contact about my diabilities .... I was moved 2 years ago to a bungalow on advise from my gp and letters etc so youd think I have evidence from that ..

Thank you for your good wishes

• Posted

Hi Js, do you mind telling me what tests they do?
    • Posted

Hi was wondering what sort of questions they asked u??? Im waiting on a date for my appel thanks
  • Posted

You need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration as soon  as possible or within a month of your refusal letter. You need to send in supportive evidence proving your carer does all these  things to help you. I am going through a tribunal right now. Hopefully it will be worth it. Best of luck
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, yes I will do that this week , I'm off to see my gp tomorrow and getting welfare rights involved too .

Good luck with yours too

• Posted

Hi Neil

The general rule of thumb is you will have to have an ESA assessment even if you are awarded PIP. I have no idea if lady assessors are less likely to grant benefit. All I can say is I had a lady assessor and she was excellent.

It is important to explain why you can’t do something rather than simply state that you can’t. Generally the assessors like to see up to date medical evidence. However, some conditions are incurable and can only be managed so up to date evidence could be a repeat prescription showing medication which is required to manage any condition. Otherwise get a GP letter stating that still suffer with the conditions and they are being managed.

A daily care diary is a good idea detailing any personal care you receive. A diary of at least 6 months is prudent and if you can remember dates you can make one retrospectively. As Poll said signed statements from anyone providing care is more useful supporting evidence.

• Posted

Hi here neil,

whoever told you if you have a female assessor thats not true at all.

When you first apply and you go throughall the motions ive heard they always refuse you but you have to appeal and it gets more looked into. i dare say this also could depend on how disabled you are.

i was told by pip that they can take up to 3 months before they actually have you in for accessing and can be 28 days for esa. 

Yopu would have two seprate assessments as its two differant dept's.

i too am awaiting my assessment for esa and pip.

• Posted

Male assessor PIPS -16 points. Before shoulder surgery  with a frozen shoulder and Fibromyalgia for 9 years !

Female assessor PIPS - 7 points after shoulder surgery and Fibromyalgia for 9 years , 2 head injuries ?????

• Posted

My female assessor no problems .. my male assessor I've been taken off pip. His review has apparently said I don't need help and I and i can walk 200 metres just because I drive and am a carer myself which is a hard thing to be if you are apparently disabled , I've one leg longer than the other,can't walk 10 feet without stopping I use a crutch I nee two but I have only one arm I can use ... so apparently acording to him the inch I don't have on one leg has magically grown back to the same length as the other leg and my 2 fused shoulders have also become infused because I'm a carer... these atos people and the dwp are evil ... I'm off to get medical evidence tomorrow that they've totally ignored ...don't trust any of them they are liars and evil
    • Posted

I also should point out 2 years ago everything was the same and I got pip ok then .....this time im the same ..treatments too and I've just got older so it's a bit more of a struggle .. ot have stepped in with some more rails and things like a perching stool ...my lovely letter from the dwp refusing my pip this time ... bearing in mind I'm in the same condtion .... States they are now looking into whether I've been over paid pip and thry will let me know if I need to pay it back ! ! They made the decision last time on the same evidence. . I swear they are trying to kill people off with worry .
    • Posted

I presume that the DWP are of the opinion that you were incorrectly given an award first time round on the basis that you wilfully neglected to inform them of something or that you overstated your inabilities?

Admitting that you gave them the same evidence for the second assessment could well mean that the DWP were not aware of a material fact when they made the first award.

• Posted

The DWP tried that scam on me a few years ago. I originally had a re-assessment for IIDB and the assessor said that I was attempting to claim for a totally different but identical injury which according to them was some 8 years apart. I was accused of obtaing a benefit by deception and that they were considering asking for the money I had received during the previous two years.

I eventually proved with medical evidence that it was the one and same injury - to be honest who actually gets shot twice in the same place in the body with someone using an identical caliber of gun some 8 years later than' the first incident?

They changed that decision but it took fron 2004 to 2011 to win. Unfortunately the money that I should have been getting for those 7 years (in excess of £20,000) would not be paid as I technically (and officially) did not lodge an appeal against the 2004 decision - just a complaint. No appeal - no back pay even though I have it in writing that they admit that they owe it to me.

So yes the DWP will try every trick in the book and some.

• Posted

I scored 2 points for toilet needs last time as I have a wash and dry toilet ..I still have the toilet but this time 0 points ..I can't walk Amy metres without pain so scored 12 for mobility as I can't walk far .. this time they said I could walk 200 metres .. it's like theyve not even tested me ... last time it said they'd had evidence from my gp .. this time they didn't even mention any medical evidence. .

So it's like they just refused without even looking ...I'm just gathering everything myself gp letter ...care plan .. physio report and this time doing it all with welfare rights .. they say this happens all the time ..

• Posted

Like I have been saying elsewhere, it seems that it really doesn't matter what you say at these face to face assessments - they will write their report based entirely on their own version of events. 

Personally I have no time for these assessors nor the DWP - they are simply acting out what their Whitehall masters dictate - cut welfare payments - make up a report that they know will result in you failing to get an award.

I need to get well away from these idiots - so far I have got my DLA claimed closed down, my Guaranteed Pension Credit claim closed down all that is left is the IIDB to go - then I will be FREEEEE!!!

• Posted

Hi, you not alone. Same thing with me. (Felt like the village bully had just snatched my ice cream) Looks like no matter what rate you were on standard or enhanced, you will get the same treatment. take care.
    • Posted

There's comfort knowing I'm not alone just fight them I think is best and get all the xuppirt you can .. all the beat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.