I've had severe fatigue for 4 weeks really scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had bad chest infection 5 wks ago since then severe fatigue no energy dizzyness nausea heavy legs shoulders arms breathlessness went to my gp who said it sounds like post viral fatigue been told to go back in four weeks only blood pressure was taken which normal I'm 58 yr old female 

non smoker non drinker but have thyroid probs autoimmune liver disease and transverse myelitis just given up work due to no energy

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is very scary at first, I am a 58 year old male but my problems started at 16, I have the same symptoms when ever I get the flu, I have had 3 relapses in the last 15 years the longest lasted 6 years,post viral syndrome better describes what I have, I have a hard time walking,tge heavy legs,sore and stiff muscles but I don't have the fatigue and sleep really well but I can barely move when I wake up, I have never been diagnosed with ME or CFS as i don't suffer from fatigue, I always get better in time,my present relapse is 6 months now I had the flu in January of this year

• Posted

Patrickgeoffrey, I wish I would have a long-lasting relapse.  The longest one I had was three months.  Not enough "good time" over the last twenty years or so.  But  there are still good things that happen every day.  For instance, my roses are absolutely lovely this year.  And, I have an excellent book to read.  And, this is the last day of super-hot weather here where I live.  All good things, so I'll just pour a big glass of water, grab the phone and TV clicker, and settle down in the room with the air conditioning unit with my little dog for company.  By tomorrow it will cool off enough that maybe I'll be up to running some errands.  Hope springs eternal!  

• Posted

So strange how our body can react to certain viruses isn't it and to certain stresses . Have you ever had glandular fever by any chance? I did and after that episode I seemed to have one thing after the other happen. 

• Posted

When I was 18 the doctor though I had mono but the tests came back negative

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.