I've just noticed some red spots on my penis and now I am very concerned, I may need some help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello!

Around 1 hour ago I felt something weird on my penis and found out that, somehow, some of my girlfriend's hair got tangled on my penis' head. Right as I got the hair off I noticed a little red spot on the skin on my penis and after a further inspection I found out there are few more red spots on the glans as well. I have taken a shower around 4 hours before this and I tend to believe that it was fine then as I didn't notice anything weird in the shower.(to be fair, I did not exactly check thoroughly or something, just washed myself quickly since I was in a rush).

Now, what can this be? I have been searching on google for some things that I read it might be(balanitis, herpes, syphilis) and after looking at the pictures I got scared to hell.

Possibly important info: haven't had vaginal/anal sex, only oral, last time being around 3 weeks ago.

Is there any possibility that the reason for my red spots is the hair getting there and bruising the skin? Or maybe I was too harsh when I wiped after the shower?

What should I do now about this?

I am truly sorry about the incredibly long post here, but I am honestly scared and don't know what to believe about what I just discovered.

Thank you in advance.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have forgotten to upload the photo I took due to the stress I am currently in. I will upload it to imgur since it is too big for uploading it here: 

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

• Edited

It's hard to say without a pic, but it's probably just balanitis.  It's very unlikely to be an STI.

If it is balanitis, then these links may help, though the second article is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro  ;

Washing (with water, no soap) daily, and taking a leak and washing after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream or Daktarin cream.  Loose fitting cotton underwear may help, and some sites recommend washing underwear with non-biological washing powder or liquid.

(Canesten is also known as Clotrimazole, and Daktarin is also known as Miconazole or these brand names: Desenex and Zeasorb in US and Canada, Micatin, Monistat-Derm, Daktarin in India, UK, Australia, Belgium and the Philippines, Daktar in Norway, Fungidal in Bangladesh, Decocort in Malaysia.)

• Posted

image hello doc! i have been masturbating like frequently for the past days, and maybe 3times everyday sometimes i used cooking oil and used a used clothes from my laundry everytime i cum, and recently after a week o noticed there is small red pimple in the end of my penis it doesnt hurt its not itchy but im so scared my last sex was last may 2019 till now i have never had sex but only masturbating. please help ! thank u đŸ˜¦

• Posted

I doubt if the hair did anything to cause this problem. In fact maybe it's a blessing that it made you examine yourself better. I also doubt if it's anything serious like sti. It's quite difficult to catch anything from oral sex  although you might pass something on to your girlfriend if you had something really contagious. But I don't think you have. You could try an anti-fungal cream from the pharmacy. If no improvement after a few days, maybe ask your doctor for advice.

To post photos you have to use a computer.

• Posted

Alright, I managed to resize the photo so it's <2MB now.

The one in portrait mode(left for me right now) was taken right now and the one in landscape mode(right) was taken last night.

In my opinion, they look like they are healing right now and don't seem to be as red as last night. 

• Posted

Hey Greg! First, I am. It a doctor and I am also trying to self diagnose myself...

I've made a dumb decision by going to a strip club with coworkers. They grind pretty hard and was grinding on my junk(no skin but boxers... this was my dumb decision). Took shower when got home called it a night.

I didn't notice anything,  but two-three days later I was about to masterbate and noticed these red dots on my penis.... washed, waited next day, redness calmed down. When I say red I mean red small dots, like a soap rash... now at the beginning of that day I showered, washed my head 3 times(don't know why, I just did, chilling in shower lost in thought). Got home and that's when I first noticed the redness.

My penis looks a bit like yours without those 3 reddest dots. I would like to know has your penis always looked like that? Not that there's anything wrong, it's just mine looks different and I'm paranoid...

Reading up on herpes and scabies...  mines don't itch at all I believe... 7 days since strip club and still just look like a small rash. 

Did u figure out what u had?

• Posted

The small raised colourless bumps is what I am asking about 
    • Posted

Those spots remind me of when I had Lichen Planus, which lasted several weeks, even months, but went away without treatment eventually.
    • Posted

Hello!

The red spots I had disapperead around 5 days after my post I think, without doing anything to them. So, I believe now that it was, indeed, just an irritation either because of the hair that got there, or because of the fact that the day I discovered the problem I had pants on without underwear so they might have scratched me somehow.

Also, what do you mean by "small colourless bumps"? The little ones near my finger in the second photo at the base of the glans? If yes, as far as I know that's normal, search "penile papules" on Google.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.