I've made my decision and my appointment is set!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have scheduled my surgery for Dec. 7.  My preop appointment is on Nov 10th to finalize everything.  I meet with the surgeon and anethesia both that day.  But I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared!  But I can't go on like this any longer.  I will have help the first 2 weeks and then on and off after that.  Definitely not what I had planned for the holidays but it actually works out the best for me to have help after the surgery.  All encouragement appreciated!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck with the pre op on the 10th and your surgery on 7th December. It's only natural to feel scared, I remember just before my op last November I was totally bricking it but it all went well and was home the following day. Just remember to rest as much as you possibly can when you are back home,it's all to easy to think you feel ok so can get on and do things but please don't. Take as much help from anyone that you possibly can,don't be a martyr,ask for help.
  • Posted

hope you are ok. I have been thinking about you as I know your surgery is scheduled for about now and know you are nervous. I have had a bit of a struggle to say the least with things since my operation but with the majority it seems to run fairly smoothly and I really hope that is the case with you. anyway just wanted to send you all the luck in the world for your forthcoming surgery. I did send you a private message a while back but not sure if you received. hope to hear some good news soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.