I've signs that i'm dying!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have major health anxiety which then turn into depression as well. My mother passed away from breast cancer in less than a year recently and i was her caregiver back then. It wasn't an easy job. I watched how she passed away, looking at those signs she gave and i've got those.

For example, ear shape changes for those who are about to die. I couldn't stop googling all these signs which i know is bad because they're only scaring me but i couldn't help it. One of those signs is change of ear shape, which is happening to mine.

I got really scared that i'm dying. And i cannot stop googling about death. I've got sooo many things to do yet the only thing i'm doing right now is googling more about death and i'm always lying on my bed.

For each of the changes happening in my body, i'll google it. Pale hands, nose shape changes etc. The mirror is my no. 1 enemy. I can look at them and find something different with me & i'll tell myself "I'm dying!"

I went to the doctor's last 2 days and told him that i've got swollen cheek and ear pain on my left side of the ear (which now cause the change of my ear shape) and he told me he couldn't find any infection and told me there's nothing wrong.

Honestly, i don't know what's wrong with me. Is it true death is happening or my mild depression is back and is getting worst? (i have been trying to find a job for more than 6 months and it doesn't help that people around me are kinda pressurizing me)

I don't know what to do and i can only pray that i'll be fine and overcome this health anxiety. It's killing me especially when no one around you understands what's gg in your mind )':

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Daisy,

Well I don't want to repeat what most others said, your a great person and sorry for your mother, but I did want to respond on the ear shape changing. When you look in the mirror make sure your calm, never have an anxiety attack because then the anxiety will take over and you'll be so specific. What I mean by that is, you'll probably think if one ear is just the slightly bit different than the other you might freak out. Anxiety makes us believe crazy things. Hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.