I’ve taken 4 Ciprofloxacin tablets within 4 hours (2 at 23:30 and 2 at 2:30). What should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need help with this?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My only suggestion is to drink plenty of water to flush it out of your system.

• Posted

Thanks Derek, I hope that this can help although I'm starting to feel pretty bad.

• Posted

Just an update, it's been around 2 and a half hours since I mistakenly took the ciprofloxacin tablets. I've just began to experience stomach pains and diarrhoea.

• Posted

Contact emergency hospital or 111 (if in UK ) for advice. Presumably diarrhoea will be getting it out of your system. What does leaflet say about overdose ?

• Posted

It just says seek medical advise and take medicine with you, on hold to NHS 24 now.

• Posted

take magnesium. it helps your body to not absorb all the cipro. fluoroquinolone drugs can be dangerous.

try magnesium chelate or MALATE... there are many forms. most are good. google which works best in body absortion after taking CIPRO.

NEXT AND ASAP: Join the FACEBOOK page Fluoroquinolone TOXICITY GROUP.

The folks there will help you! fabulous group that saved me after taking just 3 pills of CIPRO. join now! they'll guide you.

• Posted

if thats all you got. but no, the magnesium in food is not ENOUGH!

is there a store open where you are ? its midnight my time.

• Posted

I'm not sure what I've to buy? And which shops nearby would sell what I've to get

• Posted

how are your achillies tendons? thats usually the first sign your in trouble. they swell or feel stiff.you might also experience extreme tiredness. these are the signs of being FLOXED.what we call an allergic reaction. I WAS FLOXED BY CIPRO! Or poisoned is another way to put it!

• Posted

My Achillies are fine, I'm just tired because I stayed up all night worrying about my condition

• Posted

I did not want to worry him about that reaction yet. I'm going to forward this to Miriam who you probably know is our expert on this

• Posted

also, from the experience of other cipro users, the docs DONT know how to treat us or our side effects.it is vitamin and mineral DRIVEN. the cipro wrecks Havoc on your MITOCHONDRIAL SYSTEM!

Follow a MITO. Diet. low sugar, low carb diet. eat parsley, avocado, bell peppers...

drink TART Cherry juice. if you get a reaction, its a battle. just giving ya a heads up!

• Posted

This is all very worrisome, does Cipro affect everyone like the ways you are describing?

• Posted

No really quite a small percentage . It is said to depend on our DNA make up if we come into that category. Some people can take it for years without a problem. Why were you prescribed it ? I had tendonitis after first being prescribed it for a prostate condition and on two later occasions when only taking it for a couple of days before I made the connection. It can then lay dormant for a long time and in my case was evidently triggered by two other drugs I was prescribed.

Since last year doctors have been warned about it and should not prescribe it for many conditions. Floxie Hope will show more than you need to know at this stage.

• Posted

I was prescribed it for a bacterial infection within a spermatic cord. So what you're saying is a very small percentage of people can be seriously affected by this drug whereas others are able to take it and nothing will happen to them?

• Posted

There are millions of prescriptions issued world wide and in some you can buy it without a prescription so the numbers are not known so side effects not reported but yes the majority get away with it.

There was a conference on it held by the Eoropean Medicines Agency in London last year where even doctors and pharmacists had been affected by it. After that was when SOME restrictions were placed on prescribing for certain conditions including prostate and urinary tract infections.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.