I want me back!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Has anyone been waking up with butterflies in their stomach? Or nervous stomach? Not exactly doom and gloom but just don't want to go to work? I'm not really tired but I don't want to do anything. Also even though I'm on acid reflux meds, I still get breakthrough heartburn. I worry it's something else. I should be getting ready for work, but instead I'm laying across the bed writing this. I'm going to be late again and I don't care. It seems like worry and anxiety are always with me. I'm praying to God this will pass.

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear juanita

I know exactly how you feel I had the dreaded anxiety and panic attacks but things are better. I do suffer from phobia of open spaces so I still will get that if in that position. I had gastitis due to acid reflux and having a hiatas hernia made it inevitable I got the gastitis. I lost weight and my appetite at the time and this fuelled my health anxiety even more! I had those daya where, yes I just didn't want to go to work but curl up in a ball and stay at home. Things have got better, I hope you feel like your old self soon x

• Posted

Pinkcatfairy, so you think there was any particular thing that you did that made you feel better?
    • Posted

Well I did push myself to still do things, I like swimming and I went through a stage where I felt anxious and panicky doing that but I tried to cut back on caffeine as I think this made it worse and I took a multi vit for over 50's as I thought lacking in magnesium can make you extra anxious (plus painfull joints muscle twitching) convinced me I was lacking in magnesium and the tablets helped after I took them, took a week or so to kick in but they definitely helped x

• Posted

I was told to rub a couple of drops on the bottom of your feet. It is relaxing. I think it was making my blood pressure drop too much so I quit using it, but my husband uses it for his ankle when it hurts and it helps him. There is a lot of good info on the internet about it
    • Posted

OK thanks for that, I will read up abit more about it and give it a try
  • Posted

I can definitely relate to what your going through, I went from working 50-60 hours a week and although I have not been released to go back to work (I've had 3 major surgeries. 1. my back (very major surgery). 2. Total right hip replacement 3. Polyps removed and all my surgeries were in a 9 month period. I was supposed too have one surgery and go back to work it's been 18 months and I need yet another surgery. It's been very hard to get motivated I feel like I lost my purpose!!!! The female surgery threw me into menopause (I MEAN THREW MY BODY INTO IT) vomiting every month for a week, more severe migraines, no energy I am physically fit I only weight 104 pounds I'm 5'5 I was a waitress constantly moving and now I get maybe 1 week out of the month that I actually feel human. I also have OCD and when I can't get up to physically do anything !!!!! ITS VERY HARD:-((

• Posted

oh no.  Total hip replacement, did you have trouble with your hips before this.  can i ask your age.  this is scary stuff.  I am beginning to get hip pain and worry what's down the road..

• Posted

Yes I had prior hip pain but the doctor thought it was related to my severe back condition but after the back surgery it was threw the process of elimination as my back doctor explained it to me that he discovered I had more problems I now have 4 herniated disks in my neck and need another surgery but I'm not a candidate for another surgery been put under anesthesia again. My back surgery was 9 hours

• Posted

oh no!  you've really been through it!  I hope that things really improve for you.  You have not lost your purpose! we will all get through it.  take care of yourself.

• Posted

Yes, I have a lot of trouble just getting up and dressing for work.  I feel like I don't want to move and don't care.  The apathy and depression, doom and gloom, are my biggest problems.  I have to go, though, because I'm struggling with living alone and being around other people at work helps me feel less lonely.  It is a daily struggle.

• Posted

Being around people helps me too. But I have been taking more time off than normal.
  • Posted

Thank you ladies! I do feel better just knowing I'm not alone. I noticed some of you said you were struggling with being alone. I'm single I worry too. I live alone and sometimes that alone sends me into a bit of a panic! I used to enjoy going to the movies alone, but not any more! I'm on a mild anti depressant and Valium(which does nothing Xanax works better). I take a over 50 multivitamin, fish oil, and garlic oil. I have some days when I feel really good, but those don't happen often. I must say I'm relieved it's just butterflies now because a few months ago it was the worst doom and gloom feeling ever in the mornings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.