I want to give up.

Posted , 11 users are following.

sorry to keep posting guys but feeling pretty desperate

I'm about 16 days of sertraline 50mg, swapping from citalopram

the past few days have been getting increasingly difficult with worse anxiety and mood. yesterday I had a panick attack and it's got do bad today I had to send my 5 year old back home to his mum and feel so guilty about it.

I'm really struggling and everyone says to carry on. will it get easier because I dont know how long I can feel like this.

0 likes, 1299 replies

1299 Replies

Next
  • Edited

perhaps you need to speak with your gp...by day 8 i was feeling alot better still not 100percent I'm currently on day 16 too....give it another week if still no improvement then speak with gp but you will get better dint give up! your doing great....please keep us informed with how you progress and keeps posting 😁

• Edited

I'm glad you are starting to feel better so that's really good! well done x

ofcourse I'll keep posting and updating how I get on.

• Posted

Im feeling the same potato as you.

Im struggling bad on this so far and dont know what to do anymore.

• Posted

can you tell me what do you think will happen when you throw in the towel ??if you do that .

• Posted

I have a couple of benzo left but they wont give me any more so that sucks.

I don't know lois it's just getting so hard

it's hard to not worry these aren't gonna work for me you know x

• Posted

Hey Lois my heart rate is up and blood pressure is up.

Im just trying to relax but it is what it is.

It seems stimulating this med i hear from some .

Im not really feeling well.

Thanks!

• Posted

gs can you tell me what is the differnce between sertraline and the last ssri you where taking .which one of them to you is the wore?

• Posted

Well Zoloft seems more stimulating effect on me. I feel wired but tired feeling.

Celexa was more sedating.

I think i slept better on celexa but always tired.

• Posted

anxiety has to be combated with sedating ssris.as anxiety Symptoms are an upper while the Depression is a downer.that wired feeling happen to me on effexor.it was horrible i felt like i was in a bad tripp that never went away.

• Posted

Yeah lois that sounds like me.

Wired and tired which doesnt help my situation at all.

Thanks!

• Posted

thats why you gotta stick to one because all the ssris come with the same drama.

• Posted

Yeah lois but this seems more drama so far on top of everything.

I feel it daily . I even saying i cant do this anymore .

I know they are drama . Im acting like drama now to my family .

• Posted

Zoloft sounds similar to your effexor you were on.

• Posted

that is why i cold turkey that effexor.i dont recommend any one doing that.and out of all the meds i try believe it or not celexa was the easiest for me.

• Posted

Yeah i understand lois.

I just feel so sick on this med right now.

Im experiencing everything heightned up and scaring me.

Thanks!

• Posted

they are scary but that will all subside if i knew what i know now about ssri i would of stay on my first one.because the start ups are all the same .

• Posted

Yeah lois but i cant function.

I know what you mean.

I feel like im losing control.

I feel so foggy and not clear mind and feel like im so sick.

Thanks!

• Posted

it's the anxiety and the tablets it will pass buddy x it will. take a benzo just to help for an hour or two x might help you calm down a bit and not be so worried x we have to keep going gs it will work x

• Posted

Yeah potato i dont know as its been hard for me.

I feel like weird and getting weird thoughts and bad anxiety and feel like im hearing stuff now as well.

Thanks!

• Posted

me too bud I was tripping major ballsack earlier and it was scary.

one side effect of sertraline is tinnitus and that can make you hear things x remember me and toria have both had it too so dont let it scare you bud

what noises can you hear?

• Posted

ive had them today they annoy me but cant harm you, infact had the worst 4 days than ive had in months, so many symptoms x

• Posted

What did you have toria?

I think im hearing stuff and it is bad news .

It makes me sick .

I feel it outside at gym as well.

Well yeah the content can drive you to feel not good.

Thanks!

• Posted

Yeah im struggling toria . im trying but not holding up that well.

Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.