I want to give up.

Posted , 11 users are following.

sorry to keep posting guys but feeling pretty desperate

I'm about 16 days of sertraline 50mg, swapping from citalopram

the past few days have been getting increasingly difficult with worse anxiety and mood. yesterday I had a panick attack and it's got do bad today I had to send my 5 year old back home to his mum and feel so guilty about it.

I'm really struggling and everyone says to carry on. will it get easier because I dont know how long I can feel like this.

0 likes, 1299 replies

1299 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

how are you doing potatoeghost, tomorrow is the anniversary of my daughters death feeling pretty down today. Go to shrink and will probably let out lots of tears.

• Posted

can it take a few months on one dose to get better. its just past 6 weeks and seeing some improvement

• Posted

Hey potato! how you been?

I feel so sick on this so far potato.

I got severe headaches and just not right feeling.

Thanks!

• Posted

i am so sorry to hear youre suffering. i have an extreme vomit phobia so i am terrified of medication and its side effects. ive started at 12.5 to gradually increase my dose to lessen nausea. id speak to your gp about cutting back to 25mg to steady yourself before going back to 50mg and maybe stress you need something for the breakthrough panic suck as a quick acting benzo for emergencies

• Posted

Hey i know. These head sensations are bad today.

I having issues crying too.

Thanks!

• Posted

Hey all! im having heavy head pressure and other stuff as well.

Im suppose to start lexapro tonight.

U think i be ok. Im suffering mentally as well.

Thanks!

• Posted

Hey all! i stopped zoloft 3 days ago.

I was in so much pain on it physically and mentally.

I wish i never fooled around with these dangerous meds.

I know they can help some people but they are painful while you start them.

I was sleeping my life away on them and never slept that much before.

I am still not feeling well i still have presc for lexapro and celexa.

I felt so worst on them honestly and i know its not over .

I went on them for some anxiety snd tjen you get 100 other issues along the way.

Its mot easy. You all are amazing on this board and please dont argue .

I know i have been hard headed but it seems i so confused and just not well enough to make decisions some time.

Thanks!

• Posted

Lois and Toria and Lolita please dont argue . You are all amazing people who been through a lot on the meds and with inital anxiety issues .

I really wish i felt better .

I did try celexa for 3 months and zoloft for weeks.

I also tried buspar and klonopin 0.5 As needed.

I tried some sleepy med and slept decent and still not up to par .

Thanks!

• Posted

Celexa i was sleeping too much and Zoloft no sleep at all .

Plus getting major headaches and still am.

Thanks!

• Posted

These meds can be tough because they have withdrawal and startup effects .

Its a very difficult process to go through.

It shouldnt be this way.

We are in 2019 their should be a better process.

Thanks!

• Posted

iam totally Sympathetic towards you gs.and you right it is 2019.and unfortunately there is not anything that come with less drama.not unless you go the route with the older antid.but i dont know how they rate with anxiety.everything you just wrote makes sense.and realizing that you are hardheaded is funny .take care

• Posted

I do notice i feel not that great.

i feel kinda low today.

Im probably not living well so far at all lois .

Thanks!

• Posted

bless you gs, really hope you start to level out soon, here anytime you need to chat x

• Posted

Ladies,

This is a support forum. We all have had different experiences with these meds. We can all share our knowledge with others to help them during these very trying times. All any of us want to do is share what we know so that nobody suffers more than they have to with starting and stopping, especially since we have first hand knowledge of how hard it is to live with these diseases and how imperfect the medications are in helping.

Yes, GS, you are right. We are still in the stone ages as far as medication is concerned, but at least depression and anxiety are better understood and there are medications that work for most of us, even if it means trying different ones or combinations. Yes, there are a percentage of us that do not respond to medications but may respond to other methods such as ECT, rTMS, ketamine, or psychotherapy. There was a time, not too long ago, that it was not the case. I probably would not have survived then.

I am not doing well myself and come here to help when I can, and read how others are coping. Their words mean so much to me, knowing I'm not alone. Even with all the experience I've had it is always so tough to go through. Please, let's just be supportive. I pray that all of us find some peace soon.

• Posted

bless you, even though citalopram didnt help me mirtazapine did in the past, and yes i come across like i hate the drug, if i told people the full story of how it changed me people would understand, i do however realise its a godsend for others, hope you turn a corner soon axle x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.