I want to quit

Posted , 9 users are following.

I just don't know how much longer I can go on feeling like this. I feel sick all the time. I'm constantly taking my temp bc I feel like I have a fever. I'm anxious and depressed. It seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I can't motivate myself to even get out of bed. I'm at 4 1/2 weeks and just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Went to my pdoc yesterday and he told me that  it can take up to 7 weeks for fluoxetine to finally settle. I had a horrible 4th week but mid 5th (right know) I've been starting to feel more and more like myself again. I've also noticed that it's easier not to dwell on my fears as much, or at least push them to the back of my mind. He also said that while adjusting and a good way to to just reduce anxiety is to do tasks you don't really have to think about (ex. knitting) and to exercise because he said there is a lot of evidence out now that it's super good for mental health. Going to see him has improved my mood a good bit.

• Posted

Awwwwwwwwwww I'm so glad you replied on here,,,this has Igiven me so much hope xx knitting yes that's great idea I Ave actually just bought a crotchet hook off ebay on way now so I must had deep down incline to do something xx I will get knitting out as well xx it all makes sense when someone else says it im so happy bless you xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.