I was diagnosed with conjunctivitis and blepharitis? Can someone help

Posted , 6 users are following.

So all of this has been a real nightmare for me. It all started when I got my hair dyed and apparently got something in my eye. Next day I went to my physician who said I had a corneal abrasion and the next day I went to an eye doctor. She said she couldnt see the abrasion anymore and that those usually heal in less than two days. So out the door I went, then a few days later I started to get blurred vision from both eyes! My sister had a stye that same week that all this starting happening. I immediately went to an urgent clinic, crying etc because I thought I was going blind. So he said he could see inflammation, but dont remember if he said from my eyelids and under my eyes or actual eye ball. He prescribed some prednisone and antibiotics. I had really high hopes of getting better, but some days seemed better and others didnt. I started waking up with these crusty things on my eyelashes and I clean my eyes every morning and they seem to dissolve in this yellow looking thing. I made another appointment with my eye doctor and she said that everything in my eye looked fine except the crust on my eyelashes. I asked her if I was going blind and she said there werent any signs and that the inside of my eyes looked "perfect". She diagnosed me with conjuctivitis and blepharatis, but don't know why she diagnosed me with pink eye if my eyes aren't blood shot red or having discharge from it. The only symptoms I keep having is blurred vision that comes and goes, my eyes feel swollen, but I believe its my eyelids since my eyeballs don't have a pain that lasts for a long time.I'm really uncomfortable when I'm in class since it's a white board and somehow it reflects and causes my eyes to ugh . Any ideas? I'm so fed up and just want this nightmare to end. I've been crying everyday and thinking the worst and I so regret that day that I went to dye my hair and nothing would've have happened. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Gabriela,

If you are not allergic to shampoo, detergents, handwipes, lanolin, fabric softeners or spermicidal jellies you can kill Blepharitis with an over the counter product.

A friend used a facial scrub and killed it. It had Benzethonium Chloride in it. When i went to buy it, it had been reformulated. I looked online and found what else had Benzethonium Chloride in it. It was Wet Ones, antibacterial handwipes.

I tore each wipe into 8 sections and wiped my eyelash area with a clean section until all 8 were used. I did this 4 times a day for a week and a half. I then went down to 3 times a day. The reason being is that my eyes felt so much better.

I went down to 2 times a day for several months. It took a little over 3 months to kill it.

I have the info as to why it did so if you want it.

You can wear mascara and kill it too. It entails buying throw away mascara wands and using only 1 per eye. You have to buy new mascara and never douoble dip into it.

When you clean your eyes or take makeup off of them you need to use 2 washcloths to do so. You can reinfect  your eyes if you don't do that. That was mentioned by a doctor online too.

Honjon, on this site, had the blurry vision problem and he killed it with the wipes from the UK (Benzalkonium Chloride in them) but people seem to have much better results in using the ones they buy online that have Bezethonium Chloride in them. I used those. There are many people on this site that are killing it too.

I find that many people use them and feel better then it comes back. This is something that need to be done in a consistant manner everyday for 3 months.

If not, it will come back.

If you want more info let me know as got to run,

Lynda79

• Posted

Hello and thank you so much about the advice. Do I just get the warm rag and place it on my eyes? I've been using ice to get rid of the swelling. Also I'm from the U.S and was wondering if they sell these wipes here?
    • Posted

I want to try anything now... It's been driving me nuts and it's been only three weeks and I don't even know how I got this sad
    • Posted

Yes..I buy mine Wet Ones from WalMart.  I think some Dollar Storse carry them as well.  
    • Posted

I did before I strted using the Wet Ones.  Now I once in ahwhile get crusty things in my eyelbrows and then I start with the WWet Ones and that does the trick.  In the mornings I use a warm compress.  It is a bag called PEAS that I bought at CVS.  I wrap a wet wash cloth around it and heat it for 50 secs. Then I hold it on my eyes for 5 minutes. That starts the lubrication of the eyes.  The tiny pores that lubricate the yes are at the base of the lashes.  Once the Wet Ones kill the bacteria, the crusty stuff goes away and the pores are open, the warm wet heat allows the oil to lubricate the eye. I also use Selsun blue shampoo and add an ounce of Tea Tree oil to the bottle. I think maybe the scalp harbor the bacteria too. Good Luck!
    • Posted

So I just bought the wipes. Do I clean my eyes everyday with them or in the nights?
    • Posted

I started by cleaning them first thing in the morning and continue 4 times a day.  When they started improving I went down to 3 times a day, then 2 times a day.  Now I just use them when my eyes feel itchy or I start seeing flakes.  It took me a good 3 months to really see a difference, but it is totally worth it.
  • Posted

At first I would just wash my face in the morning, then do the Wet Ones. Let them dry and do not wash off for 15 minutes. That is the length of time it takes to kill the bacteria.  Within a couple days you should see improvement.
    • Posted

So I just use the wipes like if it was a makeup remover wipe? Lol or how? I'm starting the regime in the morning 
    • Posted

I shut my eye and wipe the top lash, then hold it up with my finger so I can wipe the underside.  Then wipe the bottom lash.  Get as close as you can to the base of the lash. I also do my eyebrows and around the edge of my hairline.  I stared 4 times a day and now just do it when I think it might be returning.  It took me 6 months but I had to stop for a month in the middle for some eye surgery and start over.  Most people have success with 3 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.