I was diagnosed with LS 2 weeks ago. I am having a biopsy tomorrow

Posted , 10 users are following.

My routine gynae exam revealed that I have LS..the dr gave me steroid cream to be used 2/day..I cant see any difference..the white areas havent changed. I am having a biopsy tomorrow and am petrified. Would love a few kind words. Many thanks!!

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Anna  i was recently diagnosed and i too was petrified, especially when you hear the horror stories of what it can result in.  Persevere with the steroid cream my consultant changed mine from betnovate which didnt work to dermovate which did, but it took a few weeks to get under control.  The chances of anything sinister happening in the future are a very small % probably no more than anybody else ending up with some awful condition.  I have had a lot of support from this site and to be honest at times its actually made me laugh!!

Be positive to quote someone else who told me we could have something a lot worse and with the right help and advise mine is now under control. ( i am a little obssessed and check on a regular basis though). Good luck

• Posted

thank you so much for saying this! I am worried about the actual biopsy procedure...did you have this??
    • Posted

No i didnt need it in the end the dermovate cleared it up, but i was told i was going to need one originally.  
  • Posted

I had a biopsy under LA. The injection was painful but after that it was fine. The good thing is that i got clarification that all was well which is very reassuring. All the very best
  • Posted

I was diagnosed early this year and was very scared after reading things on the internet. I used Dermovate twice a day until there was a noticeable difference, then once a day for a month, then every other day and am not using once a week as a precautionary measure and feel fine. If I forget I notice it starting to flare up again but have been riding my bike and playing sport again as I did before.
    • Posted

hi there! how long did it take till you saw a noticeable difference?

• Posted

I think it was about 3 weeks. I was told to use an amount equal to the top of my finger to the first joint and ensure it is well rubbed in.
  • Posted

The white patches may not revert back to pretty pink - but the steroids should stop the white patches from growing - or growing as fast Good luck and see my other post to you

Best wishes Sue DM

• Posted

I think that given time the white might disappear as the skin regenerates, just like other scar tissue.  That seems to have happened in my case - in places anyway.
  • Posted

GOOD LUCK Anna....warmest wishes to you. You will be fine. They will take good care of you. Don't worry!

Love Marey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.