I was diagnosed with LS 2 weeks ago. I am having a biopsy tomorrow

Posted , 10 users are following.

My routine gynae exam revealed that I have LS..the dr gave me steroid cream to be used 2/day..I cant see any difference..the white areas havent changed. I am having a biopsy tomorrow and am petrified. Would love a few kind words. Many thanks!!

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

welcome! When I was working in theatre a friend had her wisdom teeth removed...i put a very small bunch of flowers in a test tube on the counter facing the direction she would be looking....with a GOOD LUCK note beneath. she told me that as she drifted off, the colour of the flowers was the last thing she saw ..and that a tremendous sense of peace pervaded as she floated away under the anaesthetic.

So, although you're not having a general ...as the local anaesthetic proceedure advances I invite you to find a far off spot to locate and to fix on, and, as you do so, to visualise your favourite colour...purple is very healing ....let it eminate from that distant object and with half shut fluttering eyelids let the colour come towards you ....surrounding you ....and entering your body from all around. As you breathe in with slow steady breathes also breathe in white light specifically through your nostrils... to join with the purple haze... thus creating a rosy pink canvas in your mind's eye. 

No need to chat or make any 'helpful' assistant feel better just explain by speaking in a very slow and far off voice that  you're relaxing and visualising...saying this... or anything... in a really exaggeratedly slow voice is a very powerful trigger to your own endorphins which will rise to help and to relax you. In this way you can work on finding your inner peace..even in extremis!

Such practises are not only calming but healing too and your scar will be minimal. very best wishes with loads of love and hugs

marey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps my note will be there waiting for you...even if you can't see it. Good luck ! Thinking of you x

• Posted

Welcome, Anna. The biopsy is a good thing. They're just checking. Some doctors prefer to look at a biopsy before diagnosing LS definitively. Makes sense, since it means a lifelong prescription for a very low dose of steroids.

Once we're under the care of a gynae, there's almost zero chance the worst will happen, which is squamous cell carcinoma. It's women who've gone untreated with LS and then VIN, they are the ones who make up the cancer stats.

You're in excellent hands with the doctor – and with this great group. I had lots of those punch biopsies from my cervix twenty years ago. Not fun, but zero cancer.

Stay calm, take care of yourself, avoid the worst comfort foods (chocolate and chocolate – it's been almost unanimous on this forum that chocolate causes flare-ups) and you'll heal just fine.

My white patch is very small and comes and goes.

• Posted

My dr saw the lesions last year but thought it was something else..she didnt tell me anything...so now I am really worried that it has already progressed...
    • Posted

Ah, well I can see why you might be worried, but these things are very slow-moving. Even if (and it's unlikely) you had a bit of Squamous, it's totally removable. My sister had a large swath removed from her vulva twenty-five years ago, end of story. My mother's doctors watched a bit of it on her chest for years before they had the plastic surgeon remove it. End of story.

Thinking of you and hoping it's nothing. Hugs!

• Posted

you'll get things back under control!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Anna,  Glad your biopsy went well by the sound of it.  I just wanted to add that I was given betnovate, then dermovate cream, but changed to Dermovate ointment (Clobetasol Proprionate 0.05%) which seemed to work better for me and many others I have spoken to.  If something doesn't work for you do not be afraid to revisit your GP to get help.  If things still do not improve maybe a dermatologist might help you more than Gynae. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.