I was very happy to find that common table salt in a war...

Posted , 103 users are following.

I was very happy to find that common table salt in a warm bath cured my Scabies. After soaking for 15 minutes, get out of the bath and drip dry. Do not use a towel, but if you must, just pat dry with kitchen towels as they are more hygenic.If needed, repeat after 4 days.

I feel this treatment should be made public, as it is free of harmful poisons associated with common cures prescribed by the physician.

The salt will get into the mite holes to kill the eggs, and also kill the mites on the surface almost instantly.

This is something all families have readily available in the kitchen, and is very simple to use.

Make sure all bedding is washed in at least 50 degrees, and clothing is changed and washed as hot as possible.

[i:95f80446b8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:95f80446b8]

9 likes, 151 replies

151 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey guys, I am from Australia, am 30 years old, and have had random bouts of scabies for years now - each time I thought I killed them with Pymethrin but turns out not.  The most recent attack saw my feet and hands covered and a bit sore, fairly itchy especially at night/upon waking in the morning.  I took the below steps after a range of research and asking for a bit of guidance:  So far the combination has been highly effective and I can truly recommend it to anyone - I have decided you really need to attack these buggers internally and externally:

1. alternating baths every two days consisting of either (don't mix) - Neem Oil

or - Table salt baths - two cups in the bath and I also rub a lot of salt on the area like an exfoliant, leave for five or so mins and rinse and repeat, I have abouta twenty minute bath each time.  If using Neem oil, 10ml is advised.

2. After bath wash hands with disinfectant handwash, then shower it all off.  If washing hair use neem oil shampoo and conditioner (commonly used for head lice - is a natural insecticide)

3. After shower using cotton pads, wet with TEA TREE OIL, and wipe body, leave to dry

4. INTERNAL - Herbal Triplex is a very effective Parasite Detox, though you can use any parasite detox really.  This will ideally kill the parasites via the blood stream.

5. If you like to use moisturiser use PAW PAW ointment it has a natural antibacterial property and is amazing on sores/skin without feeding the bugs with moisture. 

n.b I found the table salt baths the most effective - thanks so much for the tip!

After three weeks of this routine I have no itching and can literally see the changes - feeling relieved!

I agree with most posters that it is also very important to maintain a healthy diet/immune system and am working on improving my diet every day.  I take a range of immune boosters such as Reishi mushroom, Camu Camu powder and echincea with garlic.

I hope this helps everyone!  And try to rememer, YOU are in control of your body not the bugs, so in some way or another you are allowing this infestation and stating "I do not use my body for sickness" is a very strong intention and is empowering smile

• Posted

Hi

Ive never had scabies till now. We stayed at a hotel at the beginning of February to go on a cruise that never happened due to the weather. My husband, me and 1 out of 3 children got scabies. What a nightmare! Me being hit the worst. The scabies have loved my neck and my chest. Yesterday I took a shower in peppermint soap. I thought that stung. I was comfortable enough to finally sleep last night. I thought the nightmare was on its way of being over. NOPE. I woke up this morning itching like crazy. Benedryl has become my best friend. I took a salt bath this evening for about 30 minutes. 2 cups of salt in hot bath water. And having extra in a measuring cup to rub on me(the salt will stick to you once you are wet). It stung really bad. Id rub it on, leave it on as long as I could stand it, rinse and repeated 2 more times after that. I even wet my hair and put salt in my hair. I can say even though the salt hurt directly on my skin,the itching is no where near what it was earlier today. We have spent so much money on getting rid of this nightmare. I hope to

be rid of these soon and hope to never get this again!

• Posted

How is your family now? Update on your scabies?
    • Posted

Well I am also from Australia and have lost count of how many times I have seen doctors regarding this. The insult was made worse by the dermatologist I was referred to he didn't examine my skin instead he giggled something and gave me two pages to read which his diagnosis what that I had Morgelons desease. For a $230 visit I have to say I was discussed. I have gained a bit more info on some remedies here for free as I to have used the prescribed doctors medications and it is nearly a year and still suffering this debilitating condition I bagged. Lothing up eVeryday changed all bedding everyday for months still to no avail I will try the salt bath and few of your recommendations and see what happens.

• Posted

Bless you and your family.  I know the pain of having the Doctor blame you for their ineptness.  It's ridiculous.  Good luck with the salt, it didn't work for me, but maybe it will work for you.  What did work for me was to take ivermectin horse paste four days in a row, two days off, and then 4 days in a row again...for a couple of weeks, while covering my body with a mixture of half tea tree oil and half olive oil every 12 hours for the same period of time (two weeks).  I figured that the ivermecting would kill those under the skin while the tea tree oil got the ones on top of the skin at the same time.  Also, check the temperature of the water in the wash machine....if it's not hot enough, it won't do the job.  Good luck and hang in there.  

• Posted

Hi guys, the Doctor informed me not to use any steroid creme, such as a hydrocortisone cream. I did not ask if it feeds them or not, but he informed me in a very serious and cautious way. I will ask in my next visit, just wanted to add to the information to keep all informed!

• Posted

my 9 year old son was diagnosed with scabies 2 days ago. we did the permethrin treatment and now he has more bumps on his body. now its on his face when it wasnt 2 days ago at the doctors office.we do our 2nd treatment of permethrin next tuesaday.  im so worried about him and myself. i havent shown any signs of scabies yet and i hope i dont but i do feel like something is crawling on my face and ears. i dont know if its a mind thing. i wanna try and give a salt bath tonight. but i got some epsom salt. i dont have much table salt. think that could work as good? should i wait to give him the salt bath after our 2nd treament of permethrin? 
    • Posted

What happened?  I'm sure many of you really do have scabies. I unfortunately was misdiagnosed with scabies and wanted to give yall a heads up scabies should not be that hard to kill. If you feel crawling it is not scabies. Some other type of mite is possible. Anyways not to freak you out.  Wondering if you got rid of them

• Posted

After his first salt bath it seemed to have dried out the itchy bumps he had all over his body. He didnt itch much. I'd say the salt bath helped a lot. And also i dont think the doctor was 100% sure it was scabies. My son took salt baths every other day.
    • Posted

what other type of mite? Ive had these for 3 months now. ive been treated with permetherin 10 times and oral ivermectin 5. Ive done every other treatment i can find including tea tree, neen, Clove, salt water, aloe vera, kleen green, bleach. everything is washed everyday. i can get rid of them and they are all over my face. ive contemplated sucicide. AND... i am a skin/wound nurse by trade. i need help desperately. i can pull them out of my skin and see the black specks, white eggs, and mites

• Posted

Hi,

Did you finally manage to get rid of them?

• Edited

@linda77713 did you ever get rid of this? wondering if it was scabies because i have the same black specs with white mites and eggs tried every prescription and home remedy there is,,,going on now over two years,,ive contemplated suicide myself several times itching to death at throughout the night.. thank you

• Posted

Thank you all for the advice about the salt water bath.  I've had these darned things for about three weeks.  I think one of the most important tips is to SCRUB yourself thoroughly.  Human's have sebacious glands that produce oil, so just rubbing yourself with soap may not be enough to break through that barrier.  Also, scrubbing should get down to the horrible eggs and dry them out.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

​I hope this works.  I'll keep yall updated.

• Posted

My spelling is bad but please excuse it. Ok Topic. cabies.. Now. My middle son who has a bad lifestyle. Stopped by .. he traveld far. Had marks on legs. Said it was mosquito bites. I didn't belive him but said ok come in. He dose drugs & alcohol & dosent think good sometimes as he sets off w just anyone. So first day 5pm. He showerd. Shuffeld his clothes off his back as I placed in washer. He spent one night here. One afternoon. Peroid. He had to leave. So I begin to feel an old (12) yr memorie bite me. Omgosh .. no he didnt. Well day passed .. oh no. Bites.. I am instantly concerned. I scrach and stop on spot as I feel something seem to burrow into my skin. Wow.. if he didnt contract this at age seven at a possiable day care. He is 20 now. So.. I have a second 7 yr old. His little brother.. so I get him .. I ask are you itching. Cuz my older threw his self onto my bed for three to five mins. So my youngest says yes mom.. omy dear lord in heaven. So . We showerd .. changed bedding .. I just knew it. So smotherd selves in cold cream to start *Jergans.. then peaceful night. Woke w mindfull concerns. & I should be. So we left went to dolmar general. 2$ large alcohol 3 of them.. 1large lemon ammonia. . A bottle of spider spray.. 2 lg empty spray bottles . A big box of trash bags. Because that cant go on. I remember this going on for yrs as a kid. So any clothes laying around  get trash bags and begin to place clothes. ..clean or not in them as ur done spray a squrit or two of spider spray and tie completely closed. St aside repeat. Till you feel that issue is solved. Walk off and regroup your mind. Ok. Or yr gonna go nutts. Fill ur sprayer w a whole bottle of alcohol. Whepon #2.. spray ur furniture where visitor was or sat or clothes layed .. now im not a dr. But logic is logic.. google says these scabies are spider related. Well bingo. Go to room where they stayed. Place bedding in trash bag after sprinking w DE food grade and while ur at store. Keep other bags from earlier seperated. . So do this w all stuff. And as u finish and u feel creepy itch crawling on u.. blast it w alcohol. Spray ur clothes. Keep working use logic. Feel an ich spray it. Make sure children are just lightly misted.. put em on new bedding. Tie up pillows and make sure the kids have showerd w clothes from dryer. This gives u time. U itch again spray spot its only rubbing alcohol. Im not saying fill ur tub and lay in it. I said spray spots. When they itch. Unless ur in late stages and have bad wounds. I dont care if I have five itchng spots at once.. I spray each one. As I think this through. Cuz this bites bad.. no pun there. This suxs. Think u feel it befor it burrows . Spray ur finger and rub spot. So ur bagging and spot treating ur self. (Adult supervision .. not saying children ) ok. Clear ur mind. Things are gonna get better in time only. Ok.. 150$ bottles of med ... whatever reinfestation is certin.. ok spider relative. Hum. I need to treat beds and furnatur w pets outside w spider spray. And then I need to shut the door. Clear ur mind again cuz ur battleing a little parasitic jerk. Containment is goal. These guys die. In trashbags. Id dont do time lines of three days . What ever.. are we for sure. No so like I said squirt or two of spider spray.. tie up. Contain.. separat.. new wash n dry .. hang up fresh clothes. In spider treated room after it airs out. Get what im saying.. and  feel its a process.. a long one hellatious process if u dont follow my learned routeen. Cuz I delt w em for yrs and yrs.. if its so bad .. trash ur stuff.. buy new stuff in small amounts but if its summer time and hot put ur trash bags in the garage. Always keep seperated.. and every few days when u have time spot treat spot wash and hang up in clean rooom. If u have animals . Get larva stage frontline or something for them. No cross contaminate. Use DE And just run in circles w this till months pass and its getting better or have em for 4yrs.. just time and treatments and vaccume and spider spray and no where did I say spray spider spray on you or ur children so dont be rash... woops. Rash .. try salt bath .. couldent hurt. God bless and all best wishes and best concerns and best of health.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.