I was very happy to find that common table salt in a war...

Posted , 103 users are following.

I was very happy to find that common table salt in a warm bath cured my Scabies. After soaking for 15 minutes, get out of the bath and drip dry. Do not use a towel, but if you must, just pat dry with kitchen towels as they are more hygenic.If needed, repeat after 4 days.

I feel this treatment should be made public, as it is free of harmful poisons associated with common cures prescribed by the physician.

The salt will get into the mite holes to kill the eggs, and also kill the mites on the surface almost instantly.

This is something all families have readily available in the kitchen, and is very simple to use.

Make sure all bedding is washed in at least 50 degrees, and clothing is changed and washed as hot as possible.

[i:95f80446b8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:95f80446b8]

9 likes, 151 replies

151 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

And remember its a several attempt in multi areas .. bags .. alcohol. Wash . Vaccume. Spray for spiders.. just a body treatment will never suffice. U have to controll everthing now. Cuz bugs are bugs. Thay dont care what u think.. got me. Dont mix old and new.. clean w dirty .. wont rid em ever. 
  • Posted

And each adult should have a spray of alcohol for them selfs. And my amonia idea is for my second bottle for floors till I can vac or mop or steam clean. But never confine u or others or animals in toxic smelling rooms. And hopefully it is an easier battle w this info .. 
  • Posted

Dear Guest,

I would be greatly appreciated if you would tell me how much salt you put in the bath. Thank you,

• Posted

I put a lot of the Epsom salt not the whole bag. Then my son would soak in the tub for ten minutes I would take regular table salt put in my palm and rub his body with it. It helped him a lot.
  • Posted

This SALT BATH totally works exactly as stated above. I had been battling this rash at home for 4 months. It was around my neck bones and moved when I tried to treat it with various home products. I read about the Salt Bath and poured one package of salt in warm tub and soaked for 20 minutes. I made sure to dunk my whole head under water and poured salt water over body. I also poured salt on rash. Do not rinse off get out and pretty much air dry. The salt fills up the holes in rash and any scabies or mites and they are gone. I also put a salt and water paste on my rash for the next 2 days and took one more bath. My skin is back to normal in 5 days and the RASH is GONE. Use 2 cups or more of salt in tub bath.
  • Posted

Your SALT BATH works. it was great to see little pepper dots in the water. Its great for exfoliating dead skin, pockets of skin that have the mites/scabes dead carcasses, dead skin & faeces. On the other hand, it stung. But thats a necessary evil. Right after, I used OLIVE OIL. Same one we use for cooking. I targeted the welts that feel like fresh pimples & within a min they start coming out. some had multiples in one welt. I scooped them immediatetly with a cotton ear bud. As long as its  off me I'm  fine. I heard of using mineral oil & couldn't find 1 that was odorless. Johnson's Baby Oil was the closest. But now I've got a new weapon. OLIVE OIL. Its great seeing the specs appear on the side of the welt you targeted. If they don't come out immediately, focus on another, then go back to the stubborn ones.

For the real stubborn ones, smother them agn in Olive Oil. & Clingwrap to wrap around the area.

1. to smother them as they come out because they're suffocating or want to create another welt. They've gotta come out some time & greeted by olive oil skin.

2.To protect your clothes from the Olive Oil, it wont be so easy to wash it off.

3. The clingwrap stops your clothes from wiping off the olive oil.

Right now there are some trying to burrow agn (it feels like a blunt needle piercing my skin. But what bothers them is the olive oil. so they stop.

4.Clingwrap also gets you to see if mites have come out w/o getting your hands oily.

I'll still take the Stromectol, as per doctors orders, so the tablets can do its work on the ones that I cant get to. While olive oi will applied every couple of daysl

My days look betten now.Thank you very much every one

• Posted

Were you treated with permethrins cream, prior to this "salt Bath" ?
    • Posted

Yes, The Pharmacist gave LyClear (which is Premetherin 5%, in Aust). The 1st treatment was effective. I had a hot Tea Tree bath. & I'd count how many would come off me (now that I know what to look for). But some stubborn ones, remained. I had red lumps still. I don't know if they were dead inside? or new mites. I got so obsessed with getting rid of them. The 2nd & 3rd tube of Premetherin is not as effective.

The Salt Bath wasn't as successful as I'd hoped (so annoyed).

It was quite abrasive on the skin and whatever was an open wound, healed a little, but it would also create fresh skin, which stung.

(Part of that would be i rubbed in circles longer, till I could feel my skin was sensitive. WRONG! that is exposed fresh skin. which helps but hurts when you get out of the bath and it dries).

My thoughts these days is not to make another problem especially when the the 1st (scabies/mites) isnt fixed. So, NO PAIN involved!!

This week's new treatments are (simultaneously):

1.Olive Oil - I rub olive oil & saturate every spot. I would easily find 20-30 mites come out. I would put these on the top half a tape strip

then fold the lower half, when all that would come out, has come out.

This doesn't kill them. They just dont like like it. I think it drowns them.

After, I'd wash it off w/ soap wash, so when it dries I can use ointments.

Putting them on tape, is more to show other people, I wasn't crazy. hehe

2.Scratching bites/lumps/welts/red marks makes the skin "tough&thick" as it heals itself. As a result the 2nd & 3rd tubes of premetherin weren't getting to the lower layers where the scabies/mite had burrowed.

The ointment wasn't sinking to the right places.

A chemist-made mixture of 10% Salicylic Acid mixed w/ aqua based Vaseline is rubbed over every scabies/mite looking bite as well as any tough skin that I've scratched.

In the shower, the top layer of skin (of these areas) came shredded off after 7-8hrs. Don't clingwrap these areas (i did) my skin absorbed this mixture effectively, (too well..if you asked me).

BAD: fresh skin is raw & hurts

GOOD: tough skin is gone.

GREAT: ready for Premetherin/Menthol & any ointment to be absorbed

3.Premetherin mixed with 0.75% Menthol. (based on Vicks 2.82% Menthol in Aust, In Asia, Vicks seems stronger???).

As we all know, ointments & creams cure/heal/fix the top skin layer.

But whatever caused it, is still under the skin. The Menthol will keep the the pore "open" (where the mite is) for the Premetherin to get in.

Since, the chemist-based mixture has loosened the skin layer & show less tough skin, this mixture will be more absorbed than the 2nd & 3rd tube of normal Premetherin (that I had earlier.)

4.Stromectol (Ivermectin) the expensive tablets I was prescribed.

I'm taking them simultaneously. To hit the mites from the inside while the Premetherin (mixed with 0.75% Menthol). hits them from the outside. (cross fingers). (I was gonna joke of shoving them up my ass to be absorbed effectively & quickly.... NO, I'm not gonna do that

(YES, I'm going nuts...looking for ways to get rid of this)

5.All this time, I'm washing & running my sheets/pillow cases/liners in the Dryer each day. Its Winter, the thin microfleece is in the dryer too. I spray my carpet with Ammonia (with window cleaner) it kills them in the carpet, on contact. I leave the window open & close the door. The pest control guy went thru my checklist & confirms I'm doin all the right things. I just have to clear it from my body. its a lot of effort.

There was another thread on the same topic, where a lady locked up her house, fumigated it & moved her & hubby to a hotel for a week. & took 5weeks leave.

I love the idea but difficult for me. 2kiddies, wife & 1 inLaw to go to a hotel for a week? Thats gonna be tough.

& my boss had a hard word w/ me that Fri & next Mon "away"

is something he can't afford. DAMN! I dont really want to tell him

whats ailing me & I dont want to be alienated either.

SO!..lets see how this lot of artillery works, the next 5-7days.

• Posted

Trying to set up..please let me know if you can read this!
  • Edited

I was very skeptical to the idea of salt water having any impact on scabies. Yet, having both a bathtub and salt, i decided to give it a shot. The first bath, day one, caused an uncountable number of itchy red spots to show up on my legs while in the tub. I figured this to be a skin reaction to the salt. Today, however, I noticed a very pronounced decrease in itchiness that I haven't experienced in a week or so. No new red spots seemed to appear today. I was still a little itchy but not bad. Then I stepped into another salt bath this evening and had none of the symptoms I had the night before. For now, I believe the scabies to be dead because I've had them before and know how they wear off; it takes a day or so. I did nothing else but this, other than my usual nightly drinking routine. I usually have a four loko gold and a few shots each night. Not proud of that but I have to imagine that does some damage to parasites. Add in a salt bath and these effers r dead. Will report back in a few days.
    • Edited

It may not be scabies.  It could be bird or rodent mites.  

We have so many people coming here now, and this is a way of life in some countries.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.