I wont even wean myself off with smaller dose to help with cold turkey withdrawals

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello I've been on mirtazapine for almost a year now I don't really remember when I started . I was put on this as a weight stimulate and also to help with my insomnia. I went from being 122 to 162 in a matter of months I was eating so much I didn't even realize the amount of weight i gained until I took a picture I finally saw what everybody else was calling me and saying to me : I saw how big I had gotten and hated it I stopped that same night . Ive been off for 3 weeks or 2 1/2 weeks Now. I started out taking 7.5 mg all the way to 45mg 45mg is the dose I was at before I went cold turkey th we withdrawal symptoms are THE WORST THING IVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFE ID NOTICE AS I was driving I would think about crashing my car into a tree or just wanna to cs. It's days where I feel sooo low that I can't even begin to think about how Ima gonna survive to see the next day .. I've been very irritable emotional sad crying frustrated on top of that I've been severely paranoid. I can't sleep at night or be in the dark I have to sleep with my tv on and light on, that still don't help with the night mares and the overwhelming anxiety of thinking about the dark feel very vulnerable I'm not as guarded as I felt when I was taking mirtazapine I'm aware of everything now that I wasn't aware of before I'm seeing things good and bad hearing voices I just wanna disconnect myself from the whole world but I'm afraid of being in the house alone.. but I don't wanna be bothered with nobody either I just wanna be surrounded by someone but far away from them from their spiritual being.. I really don't know what to do.. I know that I don't ever wanna take this pill again not even to taper myself off smh

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Mirtazapine has to be the worse tablet and certainly the worse tablet to go cold turky on, I was only on 15ml for 7 weeks early on this year, cut down quite quickly on it, and had anxiety from hell even after 6 weeks of not taking anything, then they put me on Fluoxetine which wasn't any better for me, but at least that has a halve life, which makes it easier to come off, but then i had a loss, and the put me back on Matazapine along with Diazapam bad mistake, I told the consultant, how tablets affected me and her reply was, last you were them you wernt on strong enough, how wrong was she, after 9 days I started to cut down, stopped all Diazapam, 4 weeks on and I am just taking 3ml of Mirtazapine, but very anxious by day feeling as your self, it's horrible, and this is cutting down, shouldn't go cold turky on Mirtazapine,,,, Nasty tablet... hope it doen't take as long as last time to feel a little better,,, once I get these tablets out of my system, i will never take any tablets again.... So don't go cold turky

• Posted

I would consider a slow taper. from what I've read the rule of thumb is 10 % every 2-3 was or longer if needed. if you don't feel it's an option talk to your doc on other meds. there are so many out there and your not in a good place if you are having s thoughts. I've been there and have had to go to the hospital b4 cuz of it. and believe me you don't wana go to a psych ward cuz then you will really wana cs. pls go see your doc. they have come a long way and there are many options on meds. hang in there buddy. I hope you feel better. your not alone. there is help out there. it's sad on how many ppl suffer from depression anxiety insomnia bipolar and many other disorders. you have a chemical imbalance in your brain. it's just like a physical disorder. no one is born asking for health issues whether it be the brain or body or both. I have a pill cutter. u can cut the pills in 4 pieces or disolve it in liquid and use a dropper. but you need some sort of plan of action and help. my best regards moma s

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.