I would like to make some friends

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi - I was just wondering if any of you lovely people would like to become friends with me - I have been suffereing depression since April now - i have had it twice before - I ha :lol: ve taken great comfort in reading the posts on here day after day yet never had the courage to reply to anyone or offer thoughts - My depression came again when i got pnumonia and lost my best friend suddenly - all this happened in one week - for many days sinec then I have felt so alone and suicidal - i do have friends who understand but have never had depression and i would love to become friends with any one who would like someone to talk too who can relate to how you all feel - i have friends but I could do with SOME REAL UNDERSTANDING FRIENDS - pls repsond to me i would love to chat to you all about our shared experiences and you never know you could help me as well ...... I am no longer on Fluoxetine as it made me feel worse- so I would love friends like you all so we can all make each other better or at least give each other support I look forward to heaing from you x

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya,

I've had two major boughts of depression in my 25 year life. Once after leaving university after the first year through some awful circumstances and more recently being dumped.

The first one lasted for years and I thought I was just messed up, no one understood and I didn't understand myself. The more recent one has woken me upto the fact that life shouldnt be like this, yes it does take work, but things should never be so glum for so long.

I'm onto day 3 of Fluoxetine (20mg a day) and I think the fact that i've finally managed to admit my depression to a doctor it has given me such a great boost. I was always so worried what people would think but some have been very supportive and others have shown their true colours.

I'm still awaiting the proper kick up the ass from these drugs but i certainly feel better for admitting the problem and seeking help. Finding out i'm not alone in this world is also an added boost because i never really looked into it, i just thought i was a bit of a wierdo.

I look forward to becoming the bubbly friendly person i was before uni (yes its like 7/8 years ago) but since then i've never had the confidence i did then.

Things are gonna change! I'm determined to never go back to that dark place and I want to be a success for myself and for my family and friends.

Never let anyone say you aren't doing what you think is right for you. It does work out in the end and we always have our own ways to cope. Life isn't easy but theres plenty out there to make it damn worthwhile!

I enjoy reading further experiences and hope we can all become sharers and carers! :D :D :D

• Posted

[quote:18bd315277=\"tiatia\"]Hi jem and Jill lovely of you to get in touch pls hold on both of you - I am a recovered depressive - having had 3 depressions which i have beat three times - I am so happy now and I knwo its possible to pull through and be happy - I no longer take tablets and life is great - I have felt at each period terrible and suicidal but I have always come out the other side - pls get in touch again soon[/quote:18bd315277]

Hi, thank you for your kind words. It makes a difference!!! I am in a werid place where I'm not depressed, or suicdal, but somewhere in between. I look forward to life without the pills, but wonder what that would be like???

• Posted

Good to hear from ya, hangin' on x x x x x
  • Posted

Hello everyone, I am looking for new/better friends who understand or can help me with my depession. I have just come back from a Dr. appt. I will be coming off Lofepramine after 5/6 months of hell they did not help one bit and I found myself deeper in a bad place wanting to end it all. I am about to be starting on Fluoxetine tomorrow morning. I have also been signed off work another two weeks, I had a few problems there. I have been in counselling since Feb this year. It has helped a great deal and I still have a way to go. I have since found out who are my real friends. Very few! No one from my work place has made any attempt to contact me, they have not been supportive but in their defence they do not know what I have been going through. I have felt too ashamed, weak and scared of certain peoples reactions. I now feel so alone and scared. I could go on for hours but I will not. I think I could do with making contact with people who have/are going through the same so I do not feel alone with my thoughts and feelings.
  • Posted

hello everybody - its me Tia - i hope i find you all well trying to get through this crappy time called xmas - whilst i am well - I understand that for some this time of year is really bad and worse than normal - pls stay strong this depression does not last forever .... its just a moment in time and there will be great times ahead im absolutley living proff of that as I loev life now and really want to live - may god bless you all and get in touch soon xxxxx happy days are not far away for all of you now ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.