IBS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All,

I have a Colonoscopy scheduled for 23rd December, but am just interested to know if my symptoms resemble anyone elses with IBS. (already had a clear Ultrasound and blood tests for inflammation, bacteria etc)

My Symptoms are:

1. Groin Pain (both sides)
  2. I have a weird Pressure on the left side of my stomach (under ribs) which i can feel when sitting down or Sleeping on my back. - I'm very eager to understand if this is a symptom of IBS, this started a few weeks ago.
  3. Diarrhoea constantly. (increase in the strength of the Smell 😦 )

I guess, the weirdest symptom is this left sided pressure that seems to be there constantly.

I feels as though something is in my stomach on the left side under my rib cage, so please anyone with similar i would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

this may or may not be ibs. i would get your bowel checked first, to have smelly diarrhoea would ring alarm bells ringing for me. no insist on seeing someone - this doesn't sound right to me.....

• Posted

Thanks Sam,

Yes smelly diarrhoea started a week or so ago.

I am having a colonoscopy on the 23rd of December.

Its all a massive worry though 😦

• Posted

well don't get too worried about the smell,isn't smell normal for a bowel movement?

• Posted

good luck with colonoscopy, hopefully it will reveal the underlying cause or rule horrid things out!

• Posted

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine and I was diagnosed with IBS, following a colonoscopy , several years ago. In my case, the feeling of pressure, accompanied by a dull ache was predominantly on my right side , and very frequent (sometimes several times a day) bouts of diahorrea, which ranged from extremely loose to total liquid. Like you, all other tests proved negative. Good luck with your colonoscopy. If you do get a diagnosis of IBS I can highly reccomend the Low Fodmap diet.

Jan

• Posted

Thanks Jan,

Did you also have bouts of different to usual smelling stools?

Good to know you got the all clear with similar symptons.

Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

Yes, the smell was different to usual on several occasions, which I subsequently discovered was related to what I had eaten. For me, mushrooms, onions and garlic have an absolutely dire effect on my IBS. Buscopan is good pain and relieving trapped wind.

Jan

• Posted

I think what you are feeling is trapped gas. I have had the exact same feeling for hours today. I am going through a lot of stress. IBS does often include bloating.

• Posted

That's very interesting, I have had this feeling for a few months now, i wonder if i could be having trapped wind for that amount of time.

Do you know how i can get rid of the trapped wind? Maybe there is something i can take?

Thanks again for getting back to me.

• Posted

speak to your chemist, buscopan, windeze or colpermine could. they are experts, your chemists.

• Posted

I know this sounds dumb,but laying down on my back or left side seams to often help get rid of trapped gas.

• Posted

I have IBS and your symptoms sound similar to mine The diarrhea smells awful & far worse than normal stools. The color is sometimes almost green.

The pressure you feel on your left sounds like gas to me. Try taking peppermint oil before each meal. A good one to try is called COLPERMIN. Probiotics also help. I take one with each meal.

Please also read up on the Low FODMAP diet from Monash University. This has really helped me. i even have an app on my phone so that I can check if something is safe for me to eat.

• Posted

hey and thanks for your reply.

ill deffo check up on everything you said. some great tips there.

Does ibs cause weight loss, in anyone do you know.

ive lost a stone and am very worried as i have read that ibs doesnt really cause weight loss, was wondering how true that is.

i have also gone vegan/vegetarian for last month to month and a half, maybe that would account for it.

thanks to everyone for getting back to me.

• Posted

hey dean,

there are lots of fruit and vegetables that you should avoid if you do have IBS. So perhaps a vegetarian or vegan diet is not the best right now? PLEASE go check out the Low FODMAP diet. You will see what I mean once you do.

happy to help.

• Posted

hi lorralnech, i absolutely disagree! if you would like to be vegan check with your doctor and your dietitians if it safe and whether you'd get enough nutrients. do it with help rather than without, they're are some great vegan foods out there. good luck, i have been veggie for over 30 years.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.