IBS and Gallbladder Removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

I suffer with IBS and am wondering if I would be better after having my

gallbladder out.

Has anyone had the surgery who suffers from IBS ? Is the IBS the same /worse after surgery ?

I'm on a very restricted diet and would hope to eat better after surgery .

Any experiences please ?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Medical folk use the term IBS when they don't know what is causing the symptoms that tag incompasses.  There is an underlying issue as to why folk have IBS, but not often do they get to the bottom of what they actually are.  It is a one size fits all title to explain why folk suffer as they do.

• Posted

I have IBS-C and just had my gallbladder removed 4 4 days ago. Still a little sore and tired. Main complaint is my IBS-C is much worse!!! Horrible cramping and diarrhea. I've been eating a low fat diet so I cannot imagine if I wasn't.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.