IBS and losing weight?

Posted , 7 users are following.

anyone ever lose weight during a IBS flare up or is it just me? or can it be depression or anxiety thats causing it? i have no apetite but i still force myself to eat, i find anytime i have a flare up i lose weight.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Guess im the opposite, i seem to gain weight as my appetite increases

• Posted

i am like this too most the time but this time in a long time this is what am dealing with, maybe the depression?

• Posted

how long has this been going on? mine has been awhile too. prior to this bout ive had a strong appetite although always had bouts of D from eating sonething i shouldnt have but I'd bounce right back

• Posted

mines been going on for a whole week now and even my acid reflux acted up too

• Posted

It could very well be related to depression, i know its easy for me to eat when i get worried, thats when comfort food comes into play

• Posted

Guess im the opposite, i seem to gain weight as my appetite increases

• Posted

hi sam, snap hello namesake! my appetite dips quickest with illness (physical) or stress. have you tried some alternative relaxation therapies? try yoga, swimming, the gym, cbt or ANYTHING to ease your stress levels off. good luck as for food try bland, bland and more bland!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.