Ibs and medication advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

so still struggling with my ibs and at the moment i have to take tablets that cause constipation which dont help ive strained that much that ive caused pain under my left rib cage (is that normal) but was wondering while taking medication like that would it be useful to take something to help the ibs as well

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

what helped me is L Glutamin. i take 3x10g in cold water per day. When i have flare ups i use Buscopan for bed, because without it i cant sleep because of cramps. I do also take a probiotic daily. I dont eat gluten and dairy and also no vegetables. I make the Fodmap diet. I had 4 days no pain but than i took a Vitamin C pills and dang it started a flare up! Pain for two days. IBS i like having an Kinder Surprise Egg. You dont know what you will get when eat this and that!

• Posted

thanks is that all stuff you can buy and yeah i was wondering if gluten might be a problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.