IBS and really bad fatigue?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi guys,

I've had all the tests, no one can find anything so its IBS.

However my flares last ages, like months and this flare is particularly damaging to my over all health - I"m exhausted every day - I feel hung over like I've been partying the night before when I haven't!

Anyone else feel like this?

I just have no energy, I"m a single Mum and I need energy.

If I go see my Dr he wont help - he's told me he can't help me anymore.

Every mornign i wake up in pain, then my tummy rumbles all day and when I eat anything i get gas and more pain!

I'm so over this - anyone else can relate?

any help?

I"m taking probiotic specifically for IBS and a multi vitamin.

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had gallstones. One doctor thought it was either gallstones or IBS so the symptoms are obviously similar. I have now had my gallbladder removed and do not have IBS.

I was prescribed Buscopan and Omeprazole.

Not sure if you can get them without prescription but you could try.

Otherwise go to another doctor who may be prepared to give you these.

Hope this settles down.

Sarah

• Posted

hi

i know its awful, just wondered id amytripine would help. low sdosage isnt addictive and can help with ibs. check vit d level too.minw was low which surprised me as i like the sun. cuting right bCK IN CAffeine and taking culturelle probiotic as suepr mrkt probiotics are not very good .they get destroyed in the stommach before getting to our colon. im struggling a bit today i tAKE MEBEVERINE AND IF Bad pain now codeine. used to have zydol but new doctor says theses arnmt good for ibs sufferers. never tke ibrufen or avoid antibiotics as they mess up ibs sufferers. hope something here helps. i cant eat any green veg, onions or mushrooms all common ibs no no's.

• Posted

Hi Grahame - I got into trouble with probiotics as well as I didnt realise that many are based on milk. Thanks to this great forum someone put me onto soil based ones and they also had the advantage of getting past the stomach acid and down into the intestines where they do the most good. PM me if you would like the brand as I cant remember the exact name. Weren't cheap though at around $60.00 but they dont need refrigeration.
  • Posted

My IBS seems more permanent like yours but not quite as severe.  My doctor recommended I take Apercap capsules which are 0.2 ml gastro resistant peppermint oil capsules.  I take 1 before each meal about 30 - 60 minutes prior to eating and these have certainly helped me.  I also follow the Low Fodmap guide so when I am particularly bad I cut out all foods that might trigger the IBS.  When I am better I try to include more variety but limit the bad foods each day.  I got the Low Fodmap guide by searching on the internet.  Hope this helps
  • Posted

me too! the saddest part is that no one has answers. Each time I have an episode its different. I wake up tired. this has been going for 2 days so far. It started with loose stools so I took pedialyte trying to get my energy up. today I started taking immodium. to see if that would help. I also take a Multivitamin and vitamin D. It seems that Im between diarrhea and constipation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.