IBS C

Posted , 7 users are following.

I take probotitics does anyone take Digestive Enzymes with Probotics with IBS C and do they seem to help thank you 

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It seems even if they cause constipation and bloating you still take them! To me this does not make any sense. You are making yourself ill with them. What is the point?
    • Posted

Yeah I agree but I don't think they do cause bloating unless you're taking the wrong kind of probiotic for your body so I guess we got to find the right one, maybe buying the one with the most strains in it isn't always the best thing maybe it's too much for some people's systems
    • Posted

Hello, I take latero Flora since it has no lactose so far it works good. I'm taking 6:30am then at 7 am ppi and and also at 5:30 pm 1 hour before dinner. So far work. I'm trying to recover my Flora after the triple therapy...
    • Posted

I take probiotic pill containing acidophillus and bifidobacterium, i causes minimal bloating , im trying to recover good flora also after my triple therapy killed all my bacteria. I have rad that whatever probiotic pill we take it will cause bloating since when the good and bad bacteria fight and the bad bacteria die off it creates a gas.. My bloating always exist in my rifht abdomen side. What do you think is happening.
    • Posted

Hi, migz

Maybe the probiotic you taking it has lactose in it. That might be the reason. The one I'm taking does not have lactose. So there is no bloating or anything. I use to have bloating before but I drank 1/2 with lemon with warm water in the morning lemon for 9 days then stop. I use to eat bread then there was bloating. now I'm better. I just follow my diet.

• Posted

My probiotic pill says its lactose free, my bloating is maybe because of what i eat,. I eat rice and vegetables such as pumpkin, okra, bok choy. And other green veggies. Since taking probiotic, i have no problem with my bowel. So i think it myst be the food that i eat. I dont know what to eat anymore. Could anybody share to me a meal that will not create gas. Everytime i bloat without cramping tends to make a minimal reflux. Migz Santos Migote is my name, please search for me.
    • Posted

Hi migz

About the bloating. Try not to mix no more than 2 kind of vegetables on a meal.

1 brown rice, carrots, green peas and chicken

potato,carrot

Beets, peas

I eat cabbage or brocolly with no problem

Put broccoli on a boiling water for 1 minute exactly. Then you can eat. Is delicious.

For peas make sure is fresh you might get at a vegetable store, try fresh beans with carrots never those dry in a bag or can. I always steam them. Well so far now I always steam my vegetables. Just make sure no to overfill your stomach. Hopefully this help.

• Posted

Thanks for your response henrin. I will try your method. Hope this minimal bloating could be address. How long do we need to be in this situation. 
    • Posted

Streptococcus thermophilus alleviates the symptoms of lactose intolerance

Lactobacillus bulgaris

Lactobacillus acidophillus

Bifidobacterium bifidum

​this are the bacteria present in my [u]probiotics. Are they all ok or some of them cause me bloating.[/u]

• Posted

I don't think anybody knows or there's not enough information to see if anyone in particular causes bloating or not
    • Posted

I always have gas growling sometimes in my tummy and it stays there, no reflux just gas since i am watching my diet as per jaime koufman says do not feed acid to  the pepsin in your esophagus and throat and it works well. But since then i have this so much gas in my small intestine part. What do you think is happening, i may have low stommach acid due to long term use of ppi. That is why i take lemon water and ginger to sustain my acidity but since folllowing stricyt diet i did not consume any and this happens. I am also taking up probiotic morning and evening.
    • Posted

I think I have done the same thing with proton pump Inhibitors . I think I have low stomach acid too and they kept telling me I had too much and to take proton pump inhibitors, these doctors are lazy they don't care to do the right testing to find out what someone's condition actually is to properly medicate . Do you get a slight bloating in the left side by your stomach a constant stitch in your side., and do you find it a problem to pass the gas that you know you have and let me ask you this if you have gone a while without eating do you notice you start burping with a little burning sensation
    • Posted

Yes i experience slight bloating in my tummy but on the center roght above the navel amd most often in the right side. Mostly tolerable but uneasing. Yup i find it hard to pass causing me the sensation of dizziness. Also burping  but not too much eventhough not yet taken meal. What do you think it is? Doctors here in saudi are notgood,  i am an expat here, i would try to go see another doctor when i go home in the philippines.
  • Posted

what kind of Digestive Enzyme does anyone take please like I asked before please 
    • Posted

And also with Digestive Enzymes can you only take 3 times a day because with IBS you eat more than 3 times daily and with Probiotics they are pretty expensieve but you can take them more than once a day does that work
    • Posted

You usually can't list nutrients by name on here because they look at it as advertisement that's why I sent you a message
    • Posted

An advertisement? Really? Is that why my message went to review? I listed a type of fermented tea that contains probiotics. Starts with a K. But definitely isn't a name brand or advertisement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.