IBS causing right testicular pain

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi there I have IBS for quite long time. Recently I am experiencing sharp wave like pain in my right testical before I have urge for bowls movement. Even after opening my bowls I still have those wave like pain every 3-5 minutes. I myself had checked my testes and there are no lumps of bumps found. The pain comes from right in the centre. It comes and goes like wave like sensation. 

My question is there really any connections at all between bowls syndrome and testicular pain? 

If anyone has similar symptoms pls share your experience.

Thanks 

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Fay

Talk to your GP regarding this problem, . If there are no bumps etc that is great. Just get it all confirmed, you may have pulled something, just make sure for your own piece of mind

BOB

• Posted

IBS can cause pain just about anywhere.  For women, hormonal changes can make IBS worse and IBS can make the monthly cycle worse.   However, see your doctor for reassurance.
    • Posted

Thanks Pippa for the reply. I will see my GP as soon as get Appointment. 
  • Posted

I had something similar although I do not think it was related to my bowel movements. My doctor felt no lumps, and he told me to take advil 3 times a day for 10 days. at the 8th day it went away completely and my ultrasound also showed nothing. Could have pulled anything anywhere to have pain there. 
  • Posted

I'm thinking there may be a connection. I have the exact same thing happen to me!

• Posted

Sounds like you pulled something, if taking OTC like Aleve doesn't help then you should have it checked.

• Posted

Hi Shelia, I haven't pulled something to my knowledge. The pain doesn't persist long. It happens occasionally, sometime it stays few days, sometimes it comes and some time automatically goes. By the way what OTC mean? Is Aleve any kind of pain killer? 

• Posted

I just randomly happened upon this and i know it was 18-22 months ago, and there's no updates but OTC means 0ver The Counter, like aleeve, lactaid, asprin, peptobysmol, etc.

Aleeve is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug)...and it helps pain, but not all kinds, so always see your doctor if you experience pain that continues regardless of if you take an OTC or not. Now back to the balls lol and for Bill that commented earlier, Bill: I dont know your age or anything but be aware of the prostate too! prostate inflammation and/or disease can refer and feel like testicular pain or more so an achiness, most say only worry about your prostate once you're over a certain age but I feel every biological male should be aware of it and its purpose and its health because if something is wrong with it, it could feel like a pain/ache/fullness in the perineum and testicles and much more. Chronic Non Bacterial Prostatitis and other forms of acute and chronic prostatitis can be treated and one doesnt have to live with the discomfort. There are some ways to manage it with OTC NSAID's and sometimes antibiotics from your MD even if no bacteria is present but for the sake of it possibly being a bacteria the tests dont catch. Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture have great treatments too. There are many men who have it all taken care of with chinese medicine, when antibiotics dont help.

• Posted

I’m having this same problem and they also hurt when I sit down on a chair. Might be something to do with the perianal(gooch). Since the nerves all connect around there. I don’t feel pain in my balls but there’s an ache in the balls that might be contributed by constipation/hemorrhoids 
  • Posted

Hey , I hope what you are having is over now..I have exactly those symptoms you are having so i guess it is related somehow so i think that when IBS goes away , the pain in the testicle will do as well..hope this helps and i hope you tell me what did you do if you no longer have these symptoms.

• Edited

I've had testicular pain for more than 7 years now. I've gotten it diagnosed from several doctors. For me, I believe the problem is a mix of things.

Based on my experience, apart from IBS, I'd recommend getting diagnosed for the below conditions also:

1. Epididymitis
    2. Prostatitis
    3. Varicocele
    4. Bladder Stones

Also, as someone here mentioned, NSAID helps in controlling the symptoms but I believe the long term solution is a controlled diet and lifestyle.

• Posted

Very late to the discussion but if anyone could get back to me with any helpful information that they have found regarding this, that would be fantastic. I have had IBS for many years now and every time I have a bad turn, with no exceptions, my genitals retract and it hurts like hell. One of the most painful things I have experienced to this day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.