Ibs consirpation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does any one recommend to take for ibs consirpation I go every other day but only small amounts and sometimes it’s hard to get it out 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Before I changed my diet, I had tried pretty much every laxative on the market. Miralax was probably the best for me because it didn't cause any nausea, bloating, or diarrhea. When I was really backed up I'd use a Dulcolax suppository....not fun but it works fast. I have been hospitalized for severe constipation, so a suppository was the least of my worries. Are you taking any fiber? I went off gluten, increased my water intake, eat alot of fruits/veggies, and now I am never constipated. Sometimes it goes the opposite way, but not often. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Lisa, I can recommend Fybogel or Laxido, which softens the bowel movements. You want a medication with ispaghula husk in it. Try it or chocolate or alcohol, whatever your get out happy drug is!
    • Posted

Is laxido same as fybogel and can u take them long term 
    • Posted

They're both laxatives but work differently and yes you can take them long term, as far as I know.

• Posted

I tried lots of fruit.  Prune juice and oranges helpd me. I tried Movicol for a few days. It did work but slowly. Then I had to stop it because it made my stools far too loose.
    • Posted

I’ve tried Movicol seems to bloat me a lot and takes days to work have u tried lactose before. I started senocalm they help with pains sometimes 

• Posted

I haven’t tried lactulose or senocalm.  I find fruit helps me more than chemical laxatives.  I only resorted to Movicol once when my constipation kept coming back weekly despite fruit.  Now fruit works on its own.

• Posted

Can I ask what fruit you can tolerate and in what quantities? How did you add them in to your diet? Stupid I know but it's what I'd like more than anything!

• Posted

I can tolerate all fruit in whatever quantities.  I didn’t really consciously add them to my diet; fruit is part of my diet anyway.  When my IBS was at its height, I had an orange a day to control the constipation because for a while my bowel would not move without fruit.  Now my bowel moves every day without oranges to make it work.
    • Posted

Wow, I'm surprised! I have never tolerated bananas, apples and pears, I can't stand strawberries either. If I put more in my diet suggest how I do it because I've and never understood how. The dietitian I saw spoke in riddles!

• Posted

I would simply add a food type to your diet one step at a time to see if you tolerate it.  If you can’t tolerate it, remove from your diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.