IBS D.... I can't cope😞

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I suffer with Diarreah a lot, how do go about your usual days? Take today for instance

I've had to cancel a group I should be taking my 2yr old too and called my partner back from his self employed work to look after my boys! I'm currently in bed after taking some immodium and really don't know what to do with myself, I've been crying for a while as I get so upset with the flare ups, my tummy is currently churning and gurgling away and I'm so scared to move incase I need the loo again!

I'm loosing the will and teally don't know how to carry on and cope with this! I tried my doctors but my doctor is not in today so I'll try again tomorrow!

Please help!

Jo.xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I first had this I did not cope well at all. I kept missing days off work regularly until in the end they canned me after years of service. After that I began letting my partner down all the time and then she canned me. 

It was after that I was at my lowest point and started following the advice in here. I took the best part of a year out as I just physically could not leave here as I would have a panic attack I started getting into a routine of exercise and drinking water and cutting out alcohol and started to feel better but this was after five years of it so it was not overnight I try to walk about twenty miles a week and as much water as I can but I still get ill I was in a bad way for most of Sunday and went to bed four ish and woke eight pm feeling better but hats off to you managing this with a dependent I would not want anyone to see me lock myself away with my ipad in the loo 

Hope you are feeling better soon

• Posted

Hi, try eating white sourdough bread, many shop and supermarkets bake there own, they are uncut loafs, I've never had diarrhoea eating it, salads and white sourdough bread, and check the fodmap diet.

• Posted

Thanks Martin I will try that! I'm desperate to try anything!! I had a bowl of plain rice for my tea last night and praying I'll be ok today as at work! 😞 Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.