Ibs diagnosed: continuos abdominal symptoms that just won't stop

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, so recently I have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, although the gastroentologist thinks I have "ibs" and that I get constipated all the time, but in all truths I just get constipated now once in a while, most of my stool is fine until I get abdominal discomfort that turns into tightness.

So, as said before, my main symptom is....ABDOMINAL DISCOMFORT... as this occurs non stop, there will be moments that last for seconds to minutes where I'm ok, but no matter what that discomfort returns to haunt me.

It then turns into tightness and a bad feeling, that becomes gooey, foggy, stool that is a lot. But mostly normal amounts of passing stool, maybe too much.

Ok, but anyways, to my point. I just need to know how to make these symptoms just go for atleast a few months... instead of having these symptoms go for minutes, I want them to go for DAYS TO MONTHS!!!!

I want to be able to go on a holiday with no symptoms (as I will be soon and I know it's going to haunt me no matter what) and live life without symptoms for a bit, because I miss those moments of freedom sad I'm sick of having this and I will be honest and say I wish things would go back to when I was better.

Thank you and please if anyone knows how to atleast help me, please reply.

Thank you smile

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Me too,  once you're diagnosed you'll be able to do what I did a few weeks ago and go to Spain on 1,  yes I did say 1 medication.  Try to be diagnosed you'll get abroad,  I did you can. 

• Posted

Have you tried probiotic?
    • Posted

No. I have tried several antsipasmodic mediactaion, such as colece, degas etc. but not any related to good bacteria enzymes, etc. the doctor said to many medications are not good for me, as I am still young
    • Posted

Yeah, I started all this when I was 25 I'm 30 now, it started with gerds then gastritis ,now ibs, well anyways I have days where I feel supper backed up and then again sometimes I have runny times, I take pepcid ,and I just started these schiff digestive advantage probiotic gummies ,anyways I had my first normal bm I have had in probably a month or so, it was amazing , it also says to take more than two if you have lots of grumbling and discomfort, I would give them a try and make sure your eating the appropriate amount of food , that's how I have to eat now ,but I don't have pain anymore , mostly just gas, cause you never no what food is going to give it to you.

• Posted

Try a food diary and the Fodmap diet to see if any food upsets your stomach.  Try distraction techniques and you will find you will get longer periods of remission.
    • Posted

The brain and gut are very closely connected; that is why stress is a major factor with IBS,  Controlling stress calme your stomach and bowel.
    • Posted

But that the problem, I am not stressed, well atleast I don't feels stressed, and the symptoms such as gas occur at random. So that is why I'm only thinking its most likely PI-IBS, as it occurred randomly with constipation, and now most of the time I pass normal, large amounts of stool that are normal.

So occasionally, once a week I'll get diarrhea like stool, not exactly. I'm guessing that's problem from some sort of salmonella, but I'm not sure.

• Posted

And most of the time, my stomach might feel like it's building up gas, and then I pass it. Also when I sometimes feel like I need to have diarrhea, I end up having normal stool anyways

It's like endless trapped wind basically, no matter what I do it feels like it just found a new place to never stop for atleast a while.

• Posted

Hi Jonathan,  I'd go back to your doctors and ask for more help. 

• Posted

Sorry, I'm just frustrated, I have had symptoms non stop for 7 months now, I am not having a positive mindset

• Posted

My doctors don't seem to help, all the gastroentologist said was leave it and focus on managing your stress, when I'm sure I can't. But then he said most people grow out of it, why should I be complaining? I know he is luring about that though rolleyes

• Posted

If you had an infection or food poisioning before IBS, PI IBS is a possibility. However, IBS can occur without getting an infection. In any case, it doesn't matter how the IBS was triggered,  The best thing you can do is to accept it, check to see if anything in your diet aggravates your symptoms and take antispasmodics and painkillers.  Even if you don't feel streseed, worrying about your symptoms, and whether or not they will completely go away, stay the same or go into remission will be causing you stress and will in turn make you feel worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.