Ibs diagnosed: continuos abdominal symptoms that just won't stop

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, so recently I have been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, although the gastroentologist thinks I have "ibs" and that I get constipated all the time, but in all truths I just get constipated now once in a while, most of my stool is fine until I get abdominal discomfort that turns into tightness.

So, as said before, my main symptom is....ABDOMINAL DISCOMFORT... as this occurs non stop, there will be moments that last for seconds to minutes where I'm ok, but no matter what that discomfort returns to haunt me.

It then turns into tightness and a bad feeling, that becomes gooey, foggy, stool that is a lot. But mostly normal amounts of passing stool, maybe too much.

Ok, but anyways, to my point. I just need to know how to make these symptoms just go for atleast a few months... instead of having these symptoms go for minutes, I want them to go for DAYS TO MONTHS!!!!

I want to be able to go on a holiday with no symptoms (as I will be soon and I know it's going to haunt me no matter what) and live life without symptoms for a bit, because I miss those moments of freedom sad I'm sick of having this and I will be honest and say I wish things would go back to when I was better.

Thank you and please if anyone knows how to atleast help me, please reply.

Thank you smile

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry everyone, it's just I have had these symptoms for nearly a year now, so you can see I just want relief

• Posted

These little are really useful,  to ask advice,  to moan about how you feel and try to help others.  I am convinced I don't have ibs but was told I had 7 years ago.  That's why people talk on here because those who are I'll know what to do or who to see as they've been through it. 

• Posted

Don't apologize. We all have freaked out, been scared and just plain miserable because being in pain for months and not knowing why will do a number on your mental health. Talking to anyone who can give you support or even tough love to help you see clearer is sometimes only relief

• Posted

Yes, that does help thoroughly. But I still have the worst symptoms no matter what I do. That's mostly the frustrating part.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.