IBS idk someone please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had abnormal bowel movements for a few years now... I have depression and anxiety plus stress. A few weeks ago I got a sharp pain on my right ovary and it was so bad I felt like I was gonna fall to my knees .. Then it hurt on my left also.. Lower back pain right above tailbone and spreads to buttbone area... I went to the doctor and I did test positive for a UTI and I'm on antibiotics... The pain is gone but not the tailbone pain... I've been constipated off and on.. Last night my stomache cramped up so bad I went to bathroom but nothing but has which DID relive the cramps... This morning I woke up and my stomache was upset went to bathroom and it was loose stools not hard... No blood in stools or mucous... About a year ago I did have mucous. I'm so scared and two years ago I was suppose to get a colonoscopy but didn't because I was so scared.. And my insurance expired! I had insurance but my husband got laid off (oil field) and today is last day I can see a doctor... Last week I saw a dr and had my blood wrk done so I'm waiting on those results and I asked her if she could do a stool test just in case because I wouldn't have time to see gastro dr... I've been stressed and worrying if it's something bad.. I'm not looking for someone to diagnose me but my question is.. Does anyone else have this or have had this before and it's IBS... The worst thing is I googled symptoms and now I'm even more scared and stressed and crying... I haven't lost weight.. No blood in stools.. But idk

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds like you are having an ibs flare up. It's made worse by stress.
    • Posted

Do y'all ever get pain in tailbone area it's right above tailbone and it's dull... It's constant when I'm sitting and I've never had this pain... And is putting pressure on my rectum I guess is that normal for IBS
  • Posted

It does sound like IBS.  The pain can go from one side to another into the middle and across your whole stomach and into your back.  I have had nausea, constipation and loose stools as well.  Doctors couldn't diagnose me, all my tests were negative, I googled too much to give them something to work on, and I became consumed by panic, terror, anxiety and despair.  At times I was close to tears.  After three and a half months, an eighth doctor diagnosed IBS.

Have you had an ultrasound to check your ovaries for cysts as well as your other tests?  I had this done but nothing was found.

• Posted

My rectum also feels like there's pressure I guess cause of my tailbone pain... It's a dull pain... But I also haven't taken anything for constipation because it's constipation and loose stools... No my insurance expires after today.. When I started feeling this it was two weeks before my last menstrual... So I thought it was due to that... So I waited and then it started up again so I made a doctors appt and got in last week.. They sent me for blood work and a stool sample... Just waiting on labs... But I called an OB/GYN office and scheduled an appt but they had to reschedule. My husband got laid off so we lost insurance and now he's with another company so we have to wait three months for insurance... I'm stressed and on top of my anxiety from GOOGLING which I know I shouldn't have my depression has me down... I'd like to be reassured it's nothing bad but unfortunately no insurance ... And at least I got a few things out of the way... Like my labs and stool samples ... My stomache is upset and in knots and the thing that worries me is that I've never felt like this bad... The pain in my tailbone is a dull pain mostly when I sit and lay down... When I'm standing and walking around it doesn't hurt...
    • Posted

My symptoms started before my period as well so I too blamed it on that.  However, I soon found out after diagnosis that IBS is worse before and during periods because of hormone fluctuations.

IBS can give back pain and it can be sore to lie on.  I fell on my tailbone years ago so I already have a bad back which IBS doesn't help.  When walking about or doing other exercise, this helps to relieve stomach pain.

I get pressure on my rectum if I am getting constipated.  My pain is constant but usually dull and I can ignore it.  Sometimes I get stabbing pain or it can be sore to touch.  If I get too stressed, the pain will spasm and get agonising, I will get stomach twitching and feel sick.  Anti spasmodics like Buscopan and over the counter pain killers reduce the pain.  

However, not everyone gets the same symptoms or responds the same to medication.  Some can be intolerant to dairy, gluten, processed foods and sugars, coffee and alcohol.  In this case, finding the trigger foods can be very difficult.  Fortunately, I can eat what I like.

• Posted

I noticed last night because my stomache cramp up so bad I wanted to cry.... I ate ice cream and that was the only night it got so bad and I hadn't had ice cream in a long time.. I remember after eating cereals I would get gassy and ice cream too so maybe that's why it flared up idk... I really wish I had more tests done and two years ago when they wanted to do colonoscopy I would've had it done. But like I said I've had abnormal bowels for a few years now.. Maybe 4-5 ... I also know with anxiety and googling you can make the pains worse and start experiencing pain just thinking you have something else... Stress and anxiety can cause so much to our bodies but it's always reassuring to find out for sure to take that stress away... Thanks tho for Yalls help...
    • Posted

I would try eliminating dairy and grains such as those in cereals and see if the gas and pains reduce.  The Fodmap diet also lists foods that commonly give gas, bloating and pain. So you could investigate this.  I think, though, if you have had abnormal bowels for years but have no red flag symptoms such as rapid unexpected weight loss or unexplained blood in your stools, then it may be just IBS.
    • Posted

Okay thank you.... And I've never seen blood but my doctors office ran a stool sample I just turned in today so I'm waiting on that... And. No weight loss..
    • Posted

Hi there.I came across your post after posting my similar experience. Teo days ago I got my period.yesterday I had bad cramping in my lower abdomen/pelvic area.The pain was pretty bad and always felt like I had to go to the bathroom.I did go but still had the feeing of constipation.this morning I could not sit on my rectum w out feeling pressure there and in my lower belly.Went to the bathroom 5-6 times w no relief.I have low back pain as well.It still have the pain and it has been 2 days.

I have had this in the past along w tests and told IBS.With IBS you get spastic colon.When that happens it effects your abdomen,lower back and rectum ..I am told.It sounds like IBS and you are having tests.I know for a fact when I worry about it (I have health anxiety)it gets worse or lasts longer.I am a googler too and my Dr yells at me.He said the worst stuff is up there and MANY things mimic symptoms.Try not to worry.Use a heating pad on your tailbone a d lower abdomen,it helps 😙

• Posted

I got my labs in and I have elevated cholesterol which I'm going to start eating better.. Still waiting on my stool test but no anemia... She says I need a colonoscopy and I won't be able to get in for three months... Here's the thing... I have constant pain above my tailbone unless I'm standing .. And my rectum feels pressure but I told her and she said with IBS you don't have PAIN... Or pain by tailbone... But I get on here and so many people say you DO get pain... I'm so confused and she just made me worry more.. I've never had this kind of pain even tho I've had IBS (one dr said it was IBS but no testing to prove it) but I e had abnormal Bowels for years... I am gonna go buy fiber to drink and change my diet and I will be starting my menstrual I think I'm about 1 1/2 weeks so idk... This is very stressful and I get scared and I can't help but Google but you're right! I notice it does make the pain worse and once you are reassured the pain does go away.. Crazy how much stress does to us
    • Posted

Also this NP didn't check my breathing .. My lungs .. My abdomen she didn't check nothing on me like when you go to the doctor you know they usually do that.. She just went in and out.. Is frustrating how you pay money and time for them to just say you need to go see your gastro... And then tell you with IBS there's no pain in lower back.... But symptoms have t and hundreds of thousands of people say you do... It's just sad how physicians don't care .. I wish I knew of a good doctor
    • Posted

My brother had IBS and used to be in agony with it.    He used to take to his bed. Potatoes brought on symptoms depending on the way they were prepared.  I am surprised a doctor said you don't get pain.  That is one of the major symptoms and everything I've read says this as well as all the posts I've read here. Your doctor obviously doesn't know enough about IBS and would benefit from listening to patients' experiences.

• Posted

Unfortunately I have no insurance now for another three months so I just have to pray is nothing bad... It's hard when you don't have reassurance... It makes the stress worse.. Not knowing... And I've never experienced this pain.. I've had IBS for 4-5 years and it's never been like this.. The back pain has been everyday unless I'm standing... And the rectal pressure is uncomfortable ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.