Ibs or ibd

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am suffering with erratic bowel habits not so much pain looser stools constipation feeling like not emptied after bowel movement just had cal protectin test was 60 but go doesn't think it's ibs but when I read up on it it's over normal range then I also suffer with chronic fatigue and cpps not sure what's related to what anymore anyone been in situation

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

All of you need to look up disbyosis and compare symptoms to yours.
    • Posted

Hete russ same tbing i put above for chris, You guys and me have same problems /symptoms most likely candida outbreak from dysbyosis. Im on to something, doin lots of reading, u need research urself to much to list. Look up symptoms, breath odor, the ecoli spilling in stoole test as other bacteria that showes our good bacteria if overun by bad. Bacterial overgrowth from antibiotics killing off your good bacteria. Now u have to figure out if u need to back off animal protien,fats or all csrbs untill its under controle. Probiotics, expensive ones, good solubal and insoluble fibre. Need good probiotics, natural anti fungals insoluble and soluble fiber, water. B12, iron, magnesium, potassium are most common reason for fatigue. We can research this togeather if u guys want, i started a thread but cant find it with all info on disbyosis. Let me know
    • Posted

Hi Fired, I restarted taking everything you mentioned. I was doing all this during the summer but I'm running out of funds.

I'm alone on figuring this out. My second opinion GI has no idea what's going on.

I'm going to follow up w a peridontist bc I have "pockets" between my gums. It was seen thru an upper/lower jaw scan.It might be the reason but I still have work to do on regulating my gut flora.

Send the link when u find it. I'd share my findings but it's must of what u mentioned.

• Posted

Odd u mention pocketing, my wife is a dental hygenist and i have a bad pocked as well. Are u thinking bacteria from this cld be problem, let me know and what guided you to this idea.
    • Posted

Fireid, a peridontist would do a "panel" scan, individual xray will not catch it.

I just saw a hygienist. She days it is not get field. I'm getting a referral to see a new peridontist.

I'm not into self diagnosing look into organ tooth chart. If the area hurts or when you floss it bleeds its something to look into. It will not b a cure to the problem.

I have to wait several days to get the referral.

I'm going to the first peridontist & pick up my panel scan. She just pushed antibiotics over the summer for oral thrush & told me she didn't know what else can help me.

• Posted

After two years I finally got my IBS under control. I backed off fats. (I think the underlying issue was a bad gall bladder for me. I do have crohn's and had my illium valve removed from my intestine. Due to this I have to take B-12. Also I take probiotic flora, Vitmin D, Multi vitamin. But the biggest factor for me was cutting back on oils, fatty meats, and drink more water. Finally less runs (IBS) after two years, Whew. I had to reduce physical excertion too. If I work too hard physically, I get IBS. It may be because they removed my illium valve (mistake when they removed my appendix thinking it had a mass/tumor) when it did not. So as a result the food goes too fast. I have to eat smaller meals and avoid spicy stuff. No orange Juice (high PH foods) no tomato sause.
    • Posted

I cant do to much physical exertion either. Low iron, b-12 borderline low. You ever get muscle twiches in your calves.
  • Posted

Oh yeah, I forgot to say in addition to eating less fat and meat (which releases more bile causing IBS) I eat more oat meal and rice. Seems to help. Put bananas and raisons in your oat meal. I also took cows milk and any dairy out of my diet and sustituted it for Rice, soy, almond, and coconut milk. Better any how. Cows milk has a bacteria in it that causes IBS in 30% of people who are susceptible. It's the same bacteria that gives cows diarreha. The only way you can drink milk without getting this bacteria that imbeds into your intestine is to boil it to 212 degrees for a specified period of time. Studies have shown that the pasterisation process does not kill the bacteria.
    • Posted

That's pretty cool info about the bacteria in the cows milk I'm lactose intolerant for a long time now. I am the reverse I can eat tons of meat and actually makes my stomach feel better but the carbs is what irritates my IBS what do you know about that
    • Posted

The jury is still out regarding the meats. I think I am more lactose intererant. Runs in the family. Plus the gall bladder issues. Plus crohn's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.