IBS Stomach pain and tender stomach anybody?

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi all!

I am new to this group,

it was around 7 months back when suddenly i got severe gas, burping and stomach pain, the stomach was tender to touch.

The pain continues till today, I get stomach pain mostly on top of belly button and left side and the entire area has point tenderness.

Stomach pain is irrespective of eating.

I have done all kinds of blood tests and upper GI endoscopy twice and ctscan.

Only thing that came up in endoscopy was Antral gastritis with hpylori negative.

But I wonder if gastritis can cause that much pain and tenderness.

My doctor says its a functional pain and can be IBS.

I feel so depressed and miserable to think about the pain staying forever.

Please reply if anybody experienced the same.

Thanks!

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have constant dull stomach pain with my IBS and I have had constipation and loose stools with nausea. Occasionally, I get a bad flare up.  All my tests were negative. Has your doctor said it is definitely IBS?
    • Posted

My bm's are normal, no constipation or diarrhea so my doctor said its a functional pain.

Philippa is your abdomen tender to touch i.e you feel pain on pressing the stomach?

Thanks for your reply!

• Posted

Yes, my pain is there all day.  Most of the time it is dull and mild.  If I have any stress, the pain increases a little more.  Other times I can have an agonising flare up where I will need to take Buscopan and Nurofen.  It really depends on how bad and prolonged the stress has been.
    • Posted

I had similar simptoms 6 years ago. I had traped gas and my stomach always felt bloated. No matter how much i used the restroom, i still had the bloating. I also didnt have an apetite, i literally lost 30 lbs. i was soo desarate for help i tried everything. I went to multiple doctors was on a ton of different meds and nothing helped. After 2 months of misary i went to a chiropractor. He performed a knee chest uper cervical adjustment on me, after that  adjustment my stomach bloating/ problems went away after that one adjustment it was a miracle! Anyone that has bad stomach problems need to go to a chiropractor that can perform this certain technique. Very few chiropractors can do this technique but you can find one no matter what state you live in, you will have to do a deep search and call around to find one. Theres a good chiropractor in miami who i used to go to and one in northern kentucky where i now live. Make sure you get the knee chest upper cervical adjustment because the other types of adjustments did not work at all for me. Hope this helps. 
  • Posted

Hi I was just about to make a post about this as my left rib at the bottom is tender to touch tonight ..

Is this part of the ibs then..??

I spoke with phillipa before who put me at ease as it seemed like we had similar symptoms

My ibs is stress related mainly side pain tender to touch ribs and gas at night. I'm tracking how much my bowel movements are at the moment with the ibs app .. not sure how many times you should move your bowels.

smile

• Posted

I am confused Nichola whether it's gastritis or IBS. I have bm just once in the morning and normal one.

@Nichola do you have more than twice bms?

That can be IBS then.

But i have the pain and soreness that you described.

Thanks!

• Posted

Thanks for your inputs! My stomach and pit of stomach where belly button lies is sore to touch, but my bm's are quite normal and once a day, that confuses me whether I have gastritis only or is it IBS.

I have been in pain for months now and have lost quite a bit of weight.

• Posted

Hi

My bm can be once a day shifting to 3 times a day feeling like not fully emptying

I was unsure this was ibs to as I just have pain that moves about and tender spot my bm haven't been right since the birth of my baby 25 weeks ago.

I do know if I'm less stressed and eat smaller meals I don't get alot as much gas.

Tender spot stumped me but after reading and reading post it's seems people symptoms vary.. how are you today have you been back to your gp

• Posted

I can relate to you Nichola!

It started with me when I was just 18 weeks postpartum, I had a csection and then the stress of taking care of a baby and not being able to sleep at nights evoked it all.

How long have you been having this?

Is there something that helps with the pain, apart from less stress.

Have you been thru endoscopy and colonoscopy?

I hsd Antral gastritis in endoscopy.

I am sometimes terrified thinking of Crohns of small intestine.

Even I feel stress increases my pain and symptoms.

But it's quite difficult to live with a pain and not being completely able to enjoy the moments with my baby. Hope theres a way out.

Keep sharing if you get something to know.

Thanks!

• Posted

Hi

I will tell you my story and see if you can relate.

12 weeks ago 12 weeks pp I had a pain in my right side feeling like a kidney infection , I went to the doctor did a urine sample and it flagged infection I was put on antibiotics for 8 days after that I still had the pain but no infection and was told nothing grew in my urine do no kidney infection

The pain seemed to creep round to my stomach upper stomach I had a few days of cramps but I was very stressed.

Gas pains at night and a pain moving from the upper right to the upper left.. sometimes a tight band feeling or sore to touch.

I did bloods kidney scan stool h pylori stool test.. nothing Then told I have ibs

I do suffer from anxiety and was told I'm focusing on my stomach so it has moved and I'm stressing about the pain which is making more symptoms.

My stool are mainly constipation to not fully emptying but not all the time sometimes normal. I feel ok when lying in my bed relaxed.

I have a stomach scan booked for the 15th

Then will go on to futher tests if things don't improve. I am 37 eat well .

My main issue the side pain it scares me a little. Trying to not stress easier said than done..

smile

• Posted

Oh and celiac test. Also I don't think my ibs is food related .. smile

• Posted

How have you been.. I went to visit my folks for a week and was feeling great can slowly feel the tight band a pains in sides coming on
    • Posted

I know this is old but I'm having the same pain and I'm so scared did you find out what's wrong?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.