IBuprofen

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone taken Ibuprofen as a diviticilitis flair started,,just to head it off by putting a holdon the pain,or,even stopped it

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would not take Ibuprofen it will irritate your stomach if you really must always take with food..There are allot other meds you can take for relief pain paracetamol works for me. Suggest you read the leaflet re ibuprofen bit drastic
    • Posted

I do actually  read the leaflets AKA . horror stories,consequently most

of the tabs end up in the bin. I control my D.D with herbals which, for

me, are very effective, but I thought if there was any inflamation .one or two Ibuprofen would help rather than the Coproxamol family of drugs

None were needed ,as I drank loads, and put the fire out 

• Posted

Hello and good morning Jacueline

I do like your sense of humour.  Yes it is like a fire burning .  Ill try and put my fire out if it happens again Ha Ha. Have you heard of a peppermint helping?

I was on holidayonce and had an attack so dived into the nearest chemist to ask advice. They just said takke Movicol and drink a lot of water. When I came out of the shop a customer who was in the shop at the same time and overheard the conversation came rushing up to say that she suffers from DD and finds peppermint capsules a great help

I stopped what threatened to be an attack last week in this way and it seemed to work

• Posted

Hi. We all seem to be taking charge of thes immovable objects, I do find that swearing at it  to sod off helps, rather than doing a lot of "OH poor old me"   Not tried peppermint ,horses like them, 

Another thing that woks for me ,is going to bed, and lie flat on my 

back with a good book 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.