Ideas for motivation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Afternoon lovely peepscheesygrin,

Just wondered how people are keeping themselves motivated. Thought I would share mine.

I have a shoebox in my wardrobe which I'm adding little things through a hole at the top (keeping the contents hidden so I can forget some of the things I put in there). It might be things like bubblebath, a cheap dvd, book, cd,special facecream, make up, candles, facepack, body butter, earings, tickets to a show  (I wish), scarf, etc. The idea is that when I get to a certain weight then I can open it and use the items. Then I start filling it again. I just buy a couple of little things on my weekly tesco shop and it soon adds up. I'm planning to open it after each monthly weigh in if I have lost over a stone. If I haven't lost over a stone then it has to wait for the following monthly weigh in.

I also have an outfit a size smaller than I currently am (size 24) hanging up on the far right of my wardrobe. I can keep trying it on each week and see if it starts to fit. When I eventually fit into it, then I will place another outfit a size smaller there again (size 22).

Does anyone else do something similar?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I like your thinking but i wouldn’t be able to weight i am a big kid ha ha. the thing about smaller size clothes is a good idea. I have all my size 12 clothes in a suitcase but i get them out when i feel like a need a kick up the bum, i am currently a size 18 (just) so i can see it gradually coming off.

I went for my 2nd weigh in on Monday and lost only 2lb but i have had 2 weeks off but recently not been feeling 100% and she told me to eat more!!!!! i was a bit shocked as she has been telling me to stop eating so much and now she was telling to eat more!!!

I think back to all thinks i use to do when a was slim and cant dont now well could but dont feel comfortable doing and i think to my self i will get back there. My goal is next July.

• Posted

Hi Rachel :-)

Hang on in there hun, maybe you are not eating the right kind of food?

Are you counting your calories and eating a balanced low fat diet?

There will be times when you are off colour,so to speak and there is always the possiblity that Orilstat does not agree with you.Hopefully that is not the case.

Seriously now, if you are feeling 100% and are concerned, you should consult your GP.

Its no good looking back hun,or torturing yourself about what you used to do, just look forward to the new Rachel on the horizon.

You will drop that weight well before July next year. If you stick with you will be in that size12 for this coming Christmas, if not before!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi Daisy,

No think i am doing it right. I have been on the tablets before and lost 3.5 stone so i know i can do it again i just get the old clothes out for motivation when i am having a off day.

I have felt like this for over a week but nurse didnt seem concerned but said if i still feel off it on Monday to make an appointment with the GP which i will.

Now size 12 for christmas sounds good to me. i am lucky beacuse i do enjoy all the healthy foods where as some people dont like so they find it harder.

thank you xx

• Posted

Wow, three and a half stone off last time. So you know the tablets work for you. I expect your next weigh in will be much higher. I hope you feel better soon Rachel x
  • Posted

Oh my gosh...what a lovely idea!

You are giving yourself some "Positive Reinforcement" what a nice way to reward yourself for all your hard efforts x

I  buy myself a matching underwear sets as motivation, in my original size, nail polish, oh! and shoes too! love, love, love, shoes!

But think yours is a far nicer idea hun :-)

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Shoes are perfect, I love shoes but unfortunately I have square feet and chunky ankles. The sort of feet that don't fit into any delicate shoes and ankles that really should be hidden wink Granny widest fitting clompers are about the only thing that works. 

Matching underwear is a really good idea!

X

• Posted

Hi Lily

That's a really great idea, knowing you have a treat waiting really does keep ypu going. My treat was/is 50's dresses and Irregular Choice shoes.

I never bought anything smaller in the earlyish days but after a few months i did and by the time it came to wear them they were too big believe me it is a pain up the backside but a good one.

if you want more motivation buy something in an 18/20. because you will get there

Britney

x

• Posted

I can't imagine being a size 18/20! I don't think I've been that size for over twelve years. It is too exciting to contemplate...cheesygrin

My daughter has a pair of Irregular Choice shoes (she didn't inherit the chunky ankles and square feet). They are incredible..she wore them for her school prom. I love your taste Britney

X

• Posted

hi Lily i could never ever have imagined being a 12 again but here i am it still feels like i am in a dream..lol you will get there before you know it i was a size 24 before i started these

Aw thanks Lily your daughter has amazing taste IC shoes are THEE best!

X

• Posted

I do similar I have a size 16 dress on the far left of my wardrobe that I see every morning.  Im currently an uncomfortable size 18 ish.

Probably another stone and a half until I think it will fit maybe 2. But I will get there.

The other thing I started is putting £5 each Saturday in a pot of dream jars ( the ones you have to smash to get in) the only time I plan on breaking it is when I find out I am expecting as this is what it is all about for me. The end goal. 

I figured I must have to have spent atleast that each week on choc and rubbish. 

Love your treat box brilliant idea xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.