Ideas for motivation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Afternoon lovely peepscheesygrin,

Just wondered how people are keeping themselves motivated. Thought I would share mine.

I have a shoebox in my wardrobe which I'm adding little things through a hole at the top (keeping the contents hidden so I can forget some of the things I put in there). It might be things like bubblebath, a cheap dvd, book, cd,special facecream, make up, candles, facepack, body butter, earings, tickets to a show  (I wish), scarf, etc. The idea is that when I get to a certain weight then I can open it and use the items. Then I start filling it again. I just buy a couple of little things on my weekly tesco shop and it soon adds up. I'm planning to open it after each monthly weigh in if I have lost over a stone. If I haven't lost over a stone then it has to wait for the following monthly weigh in.

I also have an outfit a size smaller than I currently am (size 24) hanging up on the far right of my wardrobe. I can keep trying it on each week and see if it starts to fit. When I eventually fit into it, then I will place another outfit a size smaller there again (size 22).

Does anyone else do something similar?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I go through the Inspiration fitness pages on Instragram, I also use the Fitness Pal app, I add in all the calories I have had for the day and it tells you how much you can weigh in 5 weeks by eating what you did that day.

Not too bad, when im working out and finding it really really hard I just imagine myself in a bikini with a nice bod and it gets me through the last hard minute.

=]

• Posted

That's a good idea. Fitness pal..ok. I'd like to get a good pedometer too

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.