If everything went great

Posted , 16 users are following.

How long would it take if everything went as it should and all surgery was no problems for someone to go back to work with light duty’s desk work . Anybody had a smooth time please I’m worried about losing wages when I’ve a Morgage to pay . 

Kind regards 

Liz 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree 100% with Sandra. Dont underestimate how tired you'll be. I'm feeling it all catch up with me. Also be careful when you say desk duties. I can do some parts of my job from home but sitting too long killed me. Be careful

• Posted

Hi Liz,

I am 52 and just over 8 weeks post LTHR, and although my recovery has not been perfect I'm not doing too badly. I'm due back to work tomorrow on a phased return. Initially I will do 5 hours for 3 days a week in a non - clinical role, ie, paperwork etc. This will increase gradually in accordance with how I'm managing to 12.5 hour shifts. The time frame is supposed to be about 4 weeks, however, it will be adjusted if necessary. I have been told I will have to 'pay' for unworked hours with annual leave, or if I have non left, will have to have unpaid leave. I'm hoping I won't lose too much this way. The goal of around 4 weeks back to normal hours would mean a loss of around a weeks wages?. On the plus side, I'm sure you spend a lot less money when you are at home recovering. so that's a bonus! Maybe your employers have a similar policy, and you can take some annual leave? Having read lots of posts here, even if your recovery is very straightforward, it seems that it takes a little while to get up to speed again after the huge insult on your body. Talk to your employers, and see if they will let you work flexibly, or do some from home? That way, hopefully the loss would not be too great. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.