If I beat anxiety then you surely CAN!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Back when l was diagnosed with anxiety disorder I was looking anywhere in the internet to hear a happy story but all I could find is ‘ it’s been 10 years’ or ‘it’s not curable’ and this used to shoot my anxiety to the moon and made me worse and worse so I promised myself I will beat it and come back to share a happy successful story to those who are still suffering! 

So here’s my story 

It all started 3 years ago, when I was rushed to the ER thinking I was dying and it turns out it was a panic attack.. and from that day, the battle of anxiety started, a lot of sleepless nights with 1 hour of sleep every 48 hours, a lot of melt downs and crying, a lot of visits to the ER, waking up in the morning was so heavy, knowing unfortunately that I’m still alive and will continue suffering, obsessive thoughts never left me driving me nuts, going out of my house was such a challenge, I couldn’t eat and went down to 50 kilos while my length is 170 m! it was the toughest battle I had to fight in my entire life, a battle with my mind!  Yet it was the best thing that happened to me, came out of it stronger than ever, fully ready for whatever s**t life throws at me, cherishing all the little things in life like the ability to even sleep or eat, and most importantly I got rid of so many things that might have caused it like  job, habits and even toxic people including my 7 years boyfriend , I engaged myself in things i love to do, I always had a smile on my face no matter what’s going on inside of me, and most importantly: SPORTS is key, I beg beg you please to train, whenever you get a panic attack or anxious get yourself on a treadmill right away!! to all those who are suffering from anxiety, hang in there I promise it will go, I completely beat it and free of anxiety! I promise you will be grateful for this melt down for the rest of your life, please don’t hesitate to ask me for help! I’m ready to share my full successful story with each and everyone and provide full help and support as it literally took me 3 years working to beat it so u can share with you all details! Hang in there beautiful people ????

8 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thank you so much for this encouragement! I have been suffering with only 3 months now which have felt like 3 years! I have physical symptoms like short of breath, chest pains, dizzyness, feeling like fainting if I leave my house and fast heart beat! It's been horrible and I've been taking natural pills but don't seem to find relief! Trying to avoid ssri meds although I've read so many good experiences with them after all of the side effects in the beginning! How did you do it? When I have a panic attack I have to sit down, can't talk to anyone and o try to calm myself down. I don't feel like I can get hit the treadmill especially with a fast heart already! Please give me some tips for the natural way! I have loving people in my life and I'm very fortunate and grateful for everything I have so I don't see why I would have anxiety but every test is normal 😩 I'm at my wits ends!!

• Posted

Dear Regina, Your physical symptoms are very normal!! Back then I found it very difficult to leave my house fearing to faint but because I had commitments at work I used to even travel alone with extreme fear but guess what! It was for my best! Never let anxiety control your life! At my worst moments I used to force myself to continue my life normally, it’s not easy my dear but very feasible! 

For the sports part, when you get a panic attack your adrenaline shoots up hence more oxygen in your body to prepare it for physical effort (like running from a lion)! Getting on a treadmill will normilize your adrenaline and oxygen in your body and most importantly you will get used to have high heart rate with sports and you won’t fear it anymore smile 

For me, I will summarize:

1- never let it control you in regards to your daily activity and routine

2- I did meditation 

3- I did yoga

4- I do sports 3 times a week 

5- this is the most important part, I did cognitive behavioral therapy with a psychologist, it will take you around 5 sessions to learn the technique, please read about it! It was a life savior! 

It needs consistency to beat anxiety! If I’m not clear in my answer please let me know maybe I can share my number to whatsapp and provide more help and support! I would really love to help each and everyone to beat this!!! 

I promise you it’s a phase! It will end just hang in there and 

Much love xxx 

• Posted

I have been walking for 2 days now ever since you told me about it, but do I need to do anything else besides walking to be considered as sports?
    • Posted

You need to do more physical effort like jogging, running or even dancing!! 
  • Posted

I would love to no what kind of anxiety you had being health or general and how you managed to completely over come it? If you could private message I would be incredibly great full x
  • Posted

Hi Laila,

So glad to hear about someone who overcomes anxiety forever. For most of us, unfortunately the last thing in the world we think about is sports. I am sure going to try harder to think about exercising when anxiety comes. Thanks for sharing!

• Posted

Please please do! And don’t expect it will change your life from the first time! Consistency is key! 

I was a mess!! Anxiety, fear to leave the house, was 100% convinced I have a disease despite all the blood tests and full body check ups I did! Had obsessive thoughts, motion sickness, claustrophobia... etc name it ! And it’s all gone

It’s true when I say if I beat it then anyone can because my case wasn’t easy! You can do it too!!!!!

• Posted

I will start meditating again  today and will go for a half hour walk . Thanks!
  • Posted

I agree cbt can help never had it though. My mom did she said it does greatly change you. smileI hope one day I will try it and get out of my house once and for all. I have been homebound for 7 years and counting..Thank you for trying to help us. My heart rate is also fast because of Anxiety too and a heart problem. But I still want to exercise maybe it will help me overall.  I procrasinate alot and don't stick to things.sad💕💖💖💖👍Thanks again for  trying to motivate us that things can get better. I really wish they would. I'm also tired.

• Posted

I started exercising last week only did it for a day. Now I'm laying down again living a sedentary life. My vision is getting bad too since I don't go outside. When I try to open the front door the sun hits me and I can't stand it. My head starts hurting. I'm always on my phone too maybe that's what caused my  permanent blurry vision. sad I'm glad you are better and I hope all of us get better too! Maybe one day.🙏💪

• Posted

But what’s stopping you from going through CBT? Please don’t give up! I promise it will change your life along with sports! Even do sports yourself at home! YouTube videos are great! 

Work on changing your life and I promise it will happen xx

• Posted

I can't get out of my house. I have agoraphobia. I don't go outside either anymore. Thanks for the motivation I really hope something does change. I tried working out but I didn't continue since I'm always very sleepy and  tired.💕

• Posted

I'm not on medication my doctor won't prescribe it. I have to go to their office. I can't do that. I'm okay at home in public I can't handle it. I just want to get out and go back home.sad Even getting ready to go somewhere I feel my heart racing and my hands start sweating. I feel I'm going to die. I'm always very tense. I can't relax at all.

• Posted

Hello 9999,

I'm so sorry that you have to felt this way. I was the same too..still kinda am...About a month ago I suffer from a panic attack and I haven't felt the same...no energy..lost weight..always dizzy etc..but I told myself that I don't want to be like this for the rest of my life . I'm a mother of three and I can't keep feeling like this ..I can't let this thing win and take control of my life...its harder said then done ..but you have to fight it ..its been almost two hell months for me and I'm still fight it ..the best thing in my life right now is Praying . I pray every single day..mornings and nights..God is powerful . Don't lose hope or fear anything . Miracles happens everyday. I want you to stay strong , go to the doctor and keep telling yourself you are going to win this and God is with you at all times ok . I will pray for you love . Stay Strong !!

• Posted

Thank you Kay. I appreciate your words. I won't lose hope and will fight this. I hope you get better too!💪 God bless💖💖💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.