IF YOU DONT HAVE ANXIETY YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ANXIETY ......😠

Posted , 14 users are following.

Good morning everyone , I'm having a hard time this morning feeling really sad and upset and frustrated with some people around me .

Everyone around me thinks they have all the answers , they are always getting upset with me because of my anxiety , they are always saying things like , "stop saying you can't help it" or " you can't control it" I try to tell them this is not my normal self that's saying these things my anxiety makes me feel like I can't or gives me doubt's and fear , and sometimes fighting it doesn't always work , I've been through it all with anxiety and panic attacks , I've had over 100 symptoms thus far its been a nightmare , but for someone who doesn't take any meds only vitimans and faught through the lowest points of anxiety and came out of depression with no meds , I don't get any understanding from my boyfriend he is so hard on my he's always the one saying , "stop saying this and that" "stay off that forum" "your to strong for this" "don't claim anxiety" , yeah all that is easy for you to say you don't have it , like I'm not able to have a bad day or week . he makes me feel like crap when I'm having a moment , it break my heart because I'd never be that way towards him , I'm so understanding and comforting to anyone who needs it , especially my loved ones. I just had to get that off of my chest . my point is no one understands a anxiety sufferer like a anxiety sufferer ......

11 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have just had sepsi four times in a row.  My aniety and panic attacks were horrific.  For anyone that never had one they can't understand.   I honestly thought I was dying, couldn't eat couldn't sleep.  It was the worst time I ever spent.  I pray the sepsis and panic attacks never visit me again. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Thanks Kathy , and you are absolutely right , its horrifying , we struggle daily no one has no idea , unless they themselves experience anxiety and panic disorder first hand
  • Posted

Hey there Jenni, I've actually joined the forum yesterday but I should have done it 1.5years ago when my anxiety and my phobias were starting out because I wouldn't have felt so alone. To be honest I haven't had a boyfriend during my anxiety time and I can't say I know exactly what you are going through with yours but I have been through something similar with my parents. When my anxiety started out it was about my health I went to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack, I went to a pathologist 3 times in the same month I have learned every symptom of every cancer there is. And my parents were constantly telling me that I need to get over it, that it will be fine that everybody is been through this and that is not a big deal. How in the world is not a big deal when I felt like I was dying, felt like the ceiling was collapsing on my chest during my panic attacks and generally very damn day  ?? I had a panic attack twice In a plane, during a play , during a concert and a couple of times in the car, how is this not a big deal ? How is it something that everybody goes through and I shouldn't think too much into this? I know how you feel, how he is making feel like what you are going through is nothing, is not a big deal and that basically you just need to snap out of it at his command. Just because he said so you are going to be fine and having a bad week is not something they excuse they just put you on a pedestal and you cant be nothing but perfect, so a weak moment is inexplicable to them. I had almost been though my anxiety and my phobias without any anti- depressant's so far ( only beta blockers be/c my heart rate was sky rocketing during the anxiety attacks) and I so proud of my self for that and you should be so proud yourself. If he can't see your achievment and can't cut you some sluck then i suggest that if you can afford it maybe visit a therapist the both of you and have him/her explain the severity of your anxiety and depression to your boyfriend. 

Hope you feel better. 

• Posted

Yes you are so right , they have know idea the severity of the mental issue, and I was thinking I am going to take him to on if my therapy sessions so they can explain to him how horrifying anxiety could be , thanks marina , how are you feeling today
    • Posted

I tried this. They write off the dr too. I did try bringing my husband a few times in the past. And it was in regards to ailments and anxiety so not even intangible. Maybe he couldn't grasp and youll be luckier. And theres a good chance it will be used against as at that point they will taunt you you are mentally ill in a bad way. And not all therapist experience it to really understand it either which makes this a big mess trying to get another person to relate. It  honestly comes doen to the person and their level of compassion. Even not understanding it or being able to relate to it if the person is sincere and kind hearted and compassionate they would work hard to help you help yourself.you just dont want the people you love hurting in any way. And i get its draining on them as well. I hope its okay i kind of budded in on your convo. 

• Posted

No you are not budding in!!! I am sorry that your husband couldn't understand your problems. What you said, that if they know they could use it against you ( in the sense that they will consider you mentally ill in a bad way ) it is true in some sense. It happened to me, the pity looks from some friends when I told them were terrible and I turned out to be the laughing stock of the group and they were marginalizing me like i was contagious or something and that made me feel like hell. Like there was something so fundamentally wrong with me that I wasn't worth to be their friend, like I wasn't normal enough to do the things they did. You are right some times when we are stuck in our own anxiety world we tend to forget that some of the people who care for us ( whether they are understanding or not ) they could be hurting as well - and this thought makes me even more anxious- I don't want anyone to be hurting. I hope that your husband and the rest of your loved ones do understand what you are going through and they just don't know to communicate it to you ( and if they don't i hope that they eventually will) ... Hopefully things get better for all of us and everybody else out there battling mental issues.

• Posted

Thanks for asking Jenni. Today had been one of the most awful days I had in months ( I had been doing so much better this past six months and all by myself and I was so proud of that ). There is an upcoming change coming to my life, I am starting collage ( in my country this time, the town over to be precise) after I had been taking a break for 1.5 years ( that's when I had my first breakdown and I was in such a bad shape that didn't even care about eating, I wasn't doing anything that I enjoyed or I wasn't even going outside the house, I had been sure that I had each kind of cancer, each day had been a new symptom). I had to explain to my parents today, a word at a time, that I couldn't bare the change of moving now and that I wanted to at least for this semester (I was forced to explain to them once again that I am not like everybody else that I need more time to get accustomed to change so that I won't break down again ) . So had i told them that it won't be long it will just be until I feel like 100% again ( if that's possible), and up until then I would need to stay at home and commute to school ( 45min drive) - you know taking those valuable baby steps to get where I was before and not taking a huge leap and having those panic attacks to resurfacing - ( I know I could possibly be making mistake not to move, but I can't risk another break down) 

I hadn't been really good with change, I actually dread change, it drains me pushes me to extremes and helps my anxiety to resurface. You know the suffocating feeling that makes you feel like you are dying and brings up all those scary thoughts. Actually your question of how I am doing today brought to me tears because I haven't been asked that in a while. Thanks for asking Jenni. So how was your day today? 

• Posted

My day was okay , anxiety symptoms off and on as usual , then tonight I had one really strong alcoholic punch and now I'm up and my anxiety is through the roof and I can't sleep.

• Posted

I certainly know the on and off feeling.

My anxiety hits the roof right about 6 in the morning, the first morning hours are terrible then around noon I calm down ( maybe it resurfaces later in the day) and I am the most calm before I go to bed. Sad to hear that you couldn't sleep... It does make some of the symptoms worse when are sleep deprived have you talked to your doctor about this ? Maybe he could give you something natural to help with the sleep issue...

• Posted

Yeah that's so true and I think I didnt get enough rest yesterday before going out drinking that could have definitely played a part in not feeling to well

• Posted

There you have it, that could possibly be the case.. You should still mention it to your therapist though... She/He would know how to help you deal with it if ti happens again!
  • Posted

Yea i feel you people always think they kno wat da fu*k they talkin about but they dont anxiety is hard asf man it sucks to feel like your going krazy i go thru weird freak outs and pains and all types of weired stuff and my family tells me your ok there's Nothin wrong wit you 😞😞😞 it hurts

• Posted

It's that old saying isn't it? Walk a mile in my shoes!!!

Whilst I should hate to iflict Anxiety Disorderm upon anyone if they had it but for one day, as you stated, there would be far greater understanding and compassion..( and they sure as hell would not want it ever again)

• Posted

My point exactly , but that's the only way they'd understand our struggles , everyone who doesn't have anxiety has all the answers , try this , do this , don't do this , don't do that ... I say if it were only that simple it would not be a issue right ?!

• Posted

LOL! Exactly! Thank you, you made me laugh! Always a good thing

I'll say one thing though, Jenni, people with AD have a courage few others can summon. They get on with things. Feel like crap, get knocked down and they bounce right back up again!

Be proud of yourself girl.....just because your leg isn't hanging off by a sinew doesn't mean you're not suffering and it doesn't mean you're not deserving of compassion and sympathy

You are!

I agree, there's been times when some well meaning sod has said, Go for a walk ( that means bugger off I can't deal with you) you'll feel better

No, actually, I won't. I'll still feel like sh*t

Go have a nice lie down ( that means get out of my sight I can't stand another minute trying to jolly you along)

No, actually, I won't. What's an nice lie down anyway? Laying there in misery with the symptoms battering you from all sides?

Truth is we'd settle for a hug

Truth is we'd settle for someone to listen, really listen

Right?

I send you hugs anyway smile

• Posted

Right , there isn't much anyone can do , so just listen to us , and hug us that's all you can do , first me I will be appreciated greatly .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.