IF YOU DONT HAVE ANXIETY YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ANXIETY ......😠

Posted , 14 users are following.

Good morning everyone , I'm having a hard time this morning feeling really sad and upset and frustrated with some people around me .

Everyone around me thinks they have all the answers , they are always getting upset with me because of my anxiety , they are always saying things like , "stop saying you can't help it" or " you can't control it" I try to tell them this is not my normal self that's saying these things my anxiety makes me feel like I can't or gives me doubt's and fear , and sometimes fighting it doesn't always work , I've been through it all with anxiety and panic attacks , I've had over 100 symptoms thus far its been a nightmare , but for someone who doesn't take any meds only vitimans and faught through the lowest points of anxiety and came out of depression with no meds , I don't get any understanding from my boyfriend he is so hard on my he's always the one saying , "stop saying this and that" "stay off that forum" "your to strong for this" "don't claim anxiety" , yeah all that is easy for you to say you don't have it , like I'm not able to have a bad day or week . he makes me feel like crap when I'm having a moment , it break my heart because I'd never be that way towards him , I'm so understanding and comforting to anyone who needs it , especially my loved ones. I just had to get that off of my chest . my point is no one understands a anxiety sufferer like a anxiety sufferer ......

11 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's the "Pull Yourself Together!" syndrome that affects those who have never suffered Anxiety Disorder

Actually, they can't help it. It's difficult not be be hurt , to be disappointed by those whom we expect love and understanding from, only to find it is almost non-existant

People find it beyond them to relate that which they cannot understand nor have ever experienced. Toothache, bellyache, headache, broken limb, earache, and on and on goes the list of common complaints the majority of society has suffered at some time or other This generates  sympathy and assistance

Anxiety Disorder does not  generate anything but eye-rolling in many people.

It's not that they are uncaring, do not love you, they themselves  just cannot comprehend it. They don't know how to help so they choose, in a sense, to ignore it, to brush it off, to resort to almost an impatient dismissal. This is not due to lack of feelings on their part. I think it stems from them not knowing how to help in a positive way.

Having said that, there are, sadly, those who have no desire to help. They see it as a nuisance to themselves as opposed to an illness that is being suffered

Anxiety Disorder is a great leveller. It sorts the wheat from the chaff. You soon find out who your friends are..it's usually those who at least try to understand and help, not the ones who grow impatient or worse still, regard it as a personal weakness in you that you could overcome if you tried.

If trying cured we'd all be cured in an instant

Don't be disheartened. Accept it is as it is. See it as a failing on their part and not on yours honey. Because that's exactly how it is!

Hugs Helen xx

• Posted

Thanks for the encouragement Helen , as I was saying if it wasn't for you guys on this forum I'd be a wreck , but because of this forum I've gotten through my most difficult times with severe anxiety and panic , and my boyfriend always say "you need to stay off that forum" no actually I need this forum because these are the only people that understand me and my struggles because they actually feel MY pain literally and can relate to my sensations and symptoms

• Posted

You said it.

The battle is real but together we can understand it better and hopefully move on.

Much love to everyone on this forum and those who haven't found it yet.

• Posted

I second that!

Strength in numers Phil,. The Forum is our refuge, the members our support network. I consider myself fortunate to be a part  of the Forum and am grateful to  the many friends who gather here to pick us up when we're down!

Bless you one and all xxx

• Posted

Me too Helen ! Without u guys I'd be a whole lot worse than I am . you guys truly help and don't even realize it

• Posted

I don't know about you, Jenni, but because of the lack of understanding I used to feel ashamed and embarrassed about my AD. Then I got a new GP who told me firmly there's no difference between AD and any other affliction. Ill is ill. We don't want to be like that anymore than we want a broken leg, cancer...heart problems or any other misery. His wiords changed my whole concept of AD

It is thrust upon us. If we could shrug it off we'd do it in the blink of an eye. If people didn't understand then that was their problem. I had enough dealing with myself

We can be ourselves on the Forum. No shame, no blame, no feeling humiliated at being regarded as weak willed. Everyone understands. Everyone helps. Everyone supports each other

It's not about seeking sympathy. We all know that. We would feel worse/embarrassed were we pitied. We  just want a modicum of self-respect. It's not much to ask for all things considered. AD drags our confidence and our pride into the dust.

With the generous help, support, warmth and kindness I have garnered from the Forum members I now stand on firmer foundations. Am I cured? I am not. But no longer am I in that dark hole, all alone. When I joined the Forum I literally stepped out into the light.

Hugs to you Jenni! And love to one and all.... smile

• Posted

I completely understand where you're coming from. I've been going through a rough patch and my anxiety has been through the roof, the smallest things trigger it. And then the crying spells start. I take medication right now temporarily and I feel like every time I need it my boyfriend doesn't agree with it. I try so hard to explain to him that this will pass and I will be fine again and that I can't control whats going on with me. It's frustrating when other people just don't understand what it's like to suffer from anxiety. It's not something anyone wants to go through but you have to stay positive it will get better because it will.

• Posted

Yes.you are right it gets very frustrating but I want you to stay strong I'm still fighting with anxiety daily at work and home and wherever I am. I have so many scary sensations and anxiety symptoms it drives me mad and scares the life out of me but I still don't take meds I just keep on pushing through and I want you to do the same

• Posted

If you dont mind what do you take to avoid taking meds? So proud of you! You keep doing you girl but let me know what you're doing

• Posted

Hey sweetheart I.don't mind you can ask me anything you want. I don't talke anything currently I've tried taking vitamins but they don't make it any better or worse its really mind control and about retraining your brain trying to get yourself back on a Norma thinking pattern and path I'm still struggling thought don't get me wrong I'm not cured of anxiety I just learned how to SOMETIMES tell myself its only anxiety and notice I capitalized SOMETIMES....its still a struggle daily

• Posted

Thano you so much for taking the time to respond I appreciate it so much. Have you tried therapy? That's my next step....

• Posted

Hi Jenni

I completely understand. It's horrible when anxiety takes over everything and you still have to keep going through the same routine. Today I decided jut to try to take just one day off from this. Theres a lot in my life I can't control at the moment butI have decided that just for today Il try to take things on my terms rather than my crazy minds terms. 

Best

• Posted

Yes I've tried but honestly its your mind your body and only u can control it. So I found that I've helped myself more by retraining my brain and my thought process. Its not easy and it takes some time but you can do it some of us need help more than others depending on how bad their anxiety and panic disorder is and mine was extremely bad and still is present but not as bad as it was everyday is a struggle and is fight but each day your learning how to deal with it a little bit easier each day

• Posted

Hi,

I am fully aware that people don't understand mental illness and it sucks. However, I don't think that's something we should respond negatively to, how can we possibly expect someone who has never experienced this feeling to the severity we have to understand? It's impossible for them to! I don't think we can ever truly make those people 'understand' as such, but you can change your response to that, you can choose not to be angry with them, or frustrated, by understanding that they DONT understand. I don't think they choose not to understand man.

Those close to mental health sufferers are also affected by the illness too whether they like it or not, it can't be easy watching someone of which they love very much suffer to the extent we do and be completely at a loss of what to do about it.

Anyway, the next time you feel frustrated with your boyfriend try to understand and empathise that he doesn't choose to not understand and you might feel tons better about it smile best of luck

Hayley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.