ill for 17 months! Help me!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I have been suffering with a range of symptoms since September 2017 when one day I felt ill and it’s never gone away since... The symptom that effects me the most is that I suffer with non-stop nausea 24/7! Other symptoms are bloating, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain, tingling sensations in hands, dizziness, fatigue, heartburn the list is pretty much endless! I have had numerous tests done over the past year and a half to try and get to the bottom of the problem including; Endoscopy, Barium Swallow, 24 hour PH Manometry, stool and blood tests but they all come back Negative. I have also taken Omeprazole for acid reflux, anti-sickness tablets and Ibs relief tablets all with no success. I ’m currently with a dietician who suspects it could be a gluten intolerance and I have been gluten free for a while now but symptoms still the same... People have said to me it could be anxiety, I do get a little anxious about things I shouldn’t like driving or going out with friends which I never used to have a problem with... Could anxiety cause the symptoms I’m having and the 24/7 nausea? Even when I’m relaxed and not anxious about anything I feel sick! Could because I’ve had these symptoms for so long my body has got used to it and my mind is telling my body to feel this way? I’m just really fed up now and thinking of all possible options it could be. It has completely ruined my life and stopped me from doing the things I enjoy. I just want to know what’s wrong with me so I can try to help myself from feeling this way! Thankyou!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds just like what I went through. Well my problems were stemming from a bad gallbladder. I was in constant nausea 24/7 also really bad heartburn. Everything you mentioned. I sent through hell let me tell you. After surgery I was a new man. No nausea or feeling sick thank God. if you need more help ask me. Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi, thanks so much for your reply, how did you discover its was your gallbladder causing the problems all along?

• Posted

I Had about 3 CT scans. Also an MRI. The third ct found a lot of stones. And sludge which was causing my digestive system into shock. That's why I had terrible NAUSEA. Do you feel too sick to eat? Does this run in your family. Is there anything you take for relief. Do you have attacks that last for hours. I need more info so I can try to help you friend.

• Posted

It depends, sometimes i feel that sick i dont want to eat as i feel like if i eat i will be sick and on some occasions i am actually sick. However, on some occasions im fine with eating. There is no one in the family past or present that suffered problems like i have. There is currently nothing i take for relief as ive found nothing which relieves it... the nausea is 24/7 but yes i do have attacks where the nausea intensifies to a level in which i am sick or very close to being sick by gagging. then after a while the nausea will settle back to its usual mild level

• Posted

Wow . So do eat fatty or fried foods? I find that Apple cider vinegar helps with the nausea and settles down attacks. Have you cleansed your digestive system yet. No sugars or carbonated drinks. Also what helped my nausea was medicinal Mary. Have you had any scans of your stomach or gallbladder? Do you digest foods properly? All of these will help me help you to get well. Hang in there. I thought I was dying. You need some answers Tom.

• Posted

I have dramatically reduced the amount of fatty and fried food i eat over the past few months and i now choose the more healthier options but it hasnt made much difference to my symptoms to be honest. i havent cleansed my digestive system yet no. I havent had any scans on my stomach or gallbladder and my doctor has showed no intention in giving me one. i would say i dont digest foods properly as i suffer with severe bloating after eating and constipation. thankyou fernando i appreciate your concern.

• Posted

Doctors cannot give you the kind of treatment and exercises you might get in a rehab facility. Some will take insurance if referred by a physician. You might want to look into it if nothing else can help you.

• Posted

HI Tom, Two years ago I started with bloating , nausea and terrible heartburn especially after eating . They sent me for an abdominal ultrasound and it showed that my gallbladder had polyps. Then it started to get worst so i got a HIDA scan which measures how well your gallbladder is functioning. It was functioning at a lower percentage so I had it removed . It took awhile to recover but all is well . I would suggest to go back to your Doctor and let him know how you feel and mention theses tests and if he doesnt do something about it find yourself a new Doctor. There is no reason why you should have to feel this way for so long. Try to stay on a low fat diet . I hope you can find an answer soon. Keep us informed .

• Posted

hi, thankyou for your reply! im sorry to hear to felt that way but im glad your feeling better now! gallbladder problems is something i definitley should consider as it is something i havent had tested but the symptoms are worryingly similar, i think i need to mention it to my doctor... i will keep you updated!

• Posted

Did you try probiotic tablets? A high strength tablet course did help me.

• Posted

hi, thanks for your reply, i forgot to mention i have taken probiotics a few months ago and i am currently taking a different one to which i previously took but havent seen even a slight change ☹

• Posted

I am sorry you going through all that, but you are not alone you and I in the same boat since February 2016 I am struggling with everything you say there and more up to today I am looking to what's happening to me but I have hope one day God will send healing for us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.