ill for 17 months! Help me!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I have been suffering with a range of symptoms since September 2017 when one day I felt ill and it’s never gone away since... The symptom that effects me the most is that I suffer with non-stop nausea 24/7! Other symptoms are bloating, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain, tingling sensations in hands, dizziness, fatigue, heartburn the list is pretty much endless! I have had numerous tests done over the past year and a half to try and get to the bottom of the problem including; Endoscopy, Barium Swallow, 24 hour PH Manometry, stool and blood tests but they all come back Negative. I have also taken Omeprazole for acid reflux, anti-sickness tablets and Ibs relief tablets all with no success. I ’m currently with a dietician who suspects it could be a gluten intolerance and I have been gluten free for a while now but symptoms still the same... People have said to me it could be anxiety, I do get a little anxious about things I shouldn’t like driving or going out with friends which I never used to have a problem with... Could anxiety cause the symptoms I’m having and the 24/7 nausea? Even when I’m relaxed and not anxious about anything I feel sick! Could because I’ve had these symptoms for so long my body has got used to it and my mind is telling my body to feel this way? I’m just really fed up now and thinking of all possible options it could be. It has completely ruined my life and stopped me from doing the things I enjoy. I just want to know what’s wrong with me so I can try to help myself from feeling this way! Thankyou!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anxiety can cause a lot of these symptoms because the gut and brain are strongly linked. Have you had your gallbladder checked via ultrasound and HIDA scan to rule gallbladder problems out?Have you tried a food diary to rule out any other food intolerance apart from gluten?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.