Im alone and wondering what other people do in the same situation

Posted , 15 users are following.

HI, I am alone and have pretty much done this alone since after the first week.  I am very bored and cant wait until I can drive again.  I watch tv, play with my dogs,  read magazines, of course do therapy.  Anyone have any ideas what I could do so as not to be so lonely?  I really use this site to ease the lonliness. If it werent for my therapist I think I would have gone insane.  I wont be "released" by my surgeon until Dec 8th. 

3 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Joan that is nice to hear.  Hope you get your bend back really soon.,I am due my op tomorrow, god willing! It certainly seems to take it out of people, this operation. Weather here is grotty so at least where you are I hope the weather is good for you to walk in.,I wish everyone well for speedy recoveries and hope life gets back on track quickly. No doubt it will me pestering you lot when I come out of hospital, lol
    • Posted

Hi Susan. I wish you well for your op tomorrow. You will find this foram really helpful and we are all in the same boat. Hope to speak with you when you are back out of hospital. From tucks 15weeks 
    • Posted

Thanks, bit nervey now. Phone has gone a few times and I keep thinking it's   postponed again.  Hospital phoned today to ask me to come in at 7am, nice and early 
    • Posted

Good luck for tomorrow Susan, keeping fingers crossed for you.  I have to be at the hospital at 6am on Friday, what a silly hour, would have been better to go in the night before!   Will report back to the forum as soon as I feel able, was very impressed with the speed Christine was back in touch last week, although I haven't seen anything from her since!

We are both in the lap of the Gods now, lets hope we are both speedy recoveries!!

• Posted

8 weeks post op Its much better to go in morning of op. It means your sleeping in your own bed. I went in at 7 am went to theatre at 08.30 very relaxed. Actually walked to theatre. Had I been in a strange bed in a strage room the night before Id never have slept

I wish you both well and a quick recovery. Exercise the muscles straight away Pulling the patella (knee cap) up. It hurts to begin with but the reslts are quicker.

• Posted

good luck tomorrow Liz and Susan.

I havnt been online much. in pain and tired mainly. i came home yesterday after 5 nights in Wrightington. they were really good and looked after me well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.