Im baaaaaack!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi all, sorry to have been MIA for so long. TKR was last Friday, so I'm +5 days.

V quick check in tonight - came home this afternoon, sore, bruised, exhausted, emotional.......but home!

I'll be back in the next few days for a full update, but just wanted to let you know I've done it!

9 likes, 85 replies

85 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi terri! Glad you are home safely!  Lots of rest, be as emotional as you like . . you are on your way to recovery.  Look forward to hear from you again once you are feeling up to it.
  • Posted

Welcome back hope all went well look forward to hearing about it take care x
  • Posted

Hi,New to this forum. Had for right knee last Thursday. Managed to get 91% bend on the Sunday,today struggling with bruised thigh behind knee and calf. Had to change prescription due to needing medication during the night to get sleep. Came home Monday after 5 days. Had left knee done 8years ago had 6 months of agony trying to get the bend but managed it. Exercise bike helped. This time open was different,same surgeon and feel much better already but trying to rush things so have to slow down. Dressing will get changed to-morrow and clips out next week. Been up and down stairs to many times to count as only bathroom is there. I am just 75 so hopefully this will now improve my standard of life.
    • Posted

Good job Hazel!   Hang in there!  It gets better but it takes time.  Take your pain meds and be careful on those stairs...

• Posted

Wow that's so encouraging. My mum is 82 and has hers Monday. I had mine 6 weeks ago
    • Posted

I m all gog, Caroline. I will be 81 when  I have my second knee fixed and I keep wondering if it isI really worthwhile at my age, Meanwhile, how are YOU getting on ? DO you live near enough to visit nd encourage your Mum?
  • Posted

Pleased that it is over with and you are home, Terri.  You were well prepared so relax and don't overdo anything now. Take care. x

• Posted

Alright Terri....   good to be home...    now be patient.... take care of yourself.
  • Posted

Well done - a long road ahead especially first six weeks but glad to hear you are home
  • Posted

Excellent. Now you are on your way to doom and gloom...just kidding, on your road to recovery. Rest and exercise and the Internet, remote control, ice packs and pills. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.