Im baaaaaack!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi all, sorry to have been MIA for so long. TKR was last Friday, so I'm +5 days.

V quick check in tonight - came home this afternoon, sore, bruised, exhausted, emotional.......but home!

I'll be back in the next few days for a full update, but just wanted to let you know I've done it!

9 likes, 85 replies

85 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

OOps! got told off by the physio, I did go to the session with two crutches but admitted I have only been using one..... I have to be able to stand on my 'bad' leg for 10 seconds before disguarding the crutch but otherwise the session went well. I have to take more meds as they work better if still in your system. So going back to taking 2 x 4 Paracetemol instead of 1 x 3 Ibruprofen and 2 x 4 Cocodemol per day.. Hopefully this will keep the aches/pain away. I call it an ache the physio calls all aches pain in ratios from 0 to 10 you learn something every day! Also have to moisturise the scar tissue and use the ice bag more often. Can even use a heated towel to ease stiffness. Another phsyio session next week which will be harder. She wants to supervise all the exercises I do at home and if not satsified, disreguard them and give me new ones.

My friend just phoned,she arrived home after a horrendous session of having her knee manipulated in hospital, the pain blocker didn't work, the knee bending machine kept breaking down so they had to borrow one from another ward, Her knee was bending ALL NIGHT so poor love has been on a morphine drip and oxygen until 11.30 this morning, She is home now, in pain, very tired and has an hour long physio session tomorrow!

Trials in tribulations of TKR surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.