Imipramine

Posted , 3 users are following.

My  headaches for which this last month have come back with a vengeance , been on Amitrypline 10mg but last month a GP told me to stop them cause they were not working and referred me to a physiotherapist which I went last Friday and she said I have knots in my neck and need a good massage every month but she said it will takes months to work, which is nice but the headaches are bad and I am popping pills like smarties, been to another  GP this morning about them and he was brilliant and said I should go back on something and gave me imipramine , I have never heard of them he said they are of the same family as Amitrypline , scared to take them as  I am struggling with my weight and afraid to put more weight on but as he said whats worse headaches or weight gain, does any one have any advice of experience on this please  

thanks

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been on amytrypline 10mg for 2 months now for severe crumbling spine and my feet are swollen and tight and sore. Its like my feet have been filled with water.

I never look at side effects of drugs i know i should but dont and ive read the leaflet of amyitrypline today and side effect are sore swollen feet so im coming off them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.