Immediate revision after initial surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just had my right foot done on Feb. 26. At my post-op appointment, the x-rays showed that the screw had moved and the first metatarsal had rolled out of place, SO I'm having it redone tomorrow. Anyone else have a similar situation? I was able to bear weight after surgery although it was minimal. The doctor says he doesn't think it was anything i did but that he did notice my bones were a bit soft. He also said i need to follow up with my primary care doctor to look into possible osteoporosis.

I'm worried that this next surgery is going to be way more involved and that my recovery won't be as easy as i though this first one should have been.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all I have my pins out on the 26 march can sumone tell me if they hurt you when they come out as I am so nervous a bout this

• Posted

No worries. It's just a slight pressure you will feel when the Dr removes the pin. I got myself all upset and emotional thinking it was going to be like fire or something. Just relax and you may not want to watch. Dont be surprised by a drop of blood, that's normal. Sometimes people will take a pain pill before pin removal but seriously the removing of the pin is the least painful thing with a hammer toe.

• Posted

How did the pin removal go? I hope all was pain free and you were not disappointed by any of our advice. Good luck on a full and speedy recovery. Keep in mind that you only have one pair of feet, do exactly as you are told and most importantly don't push yourself to hard, there will be plenty of time for walking when your feet are ready.

• Posted

It whent verry good thank you and thank you so much for your help it did not hurt when they came out but I am a bit scead now to have a bath as my feet are still sore and swollen thank you Jackie Mayxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.