In Praise of kenneth1955

Posted , 18 users are following.

Ken has been there throughout the year for all of us, regardless of our problems. He has researched problems for us and provided invaluable help and advice. He constantly reminds us to be our "best caregivers" and never let anyone push us into anything we might regret later. I've gotten much of my courage from Ken.

Ken deserves all of our thanks and praise because he helps us anonymously. We don't even know who he is and the only recognition he receives is our thanks for his caring about us. That is the best type of giving - in contrast to those who pretend to help by receiving fame and fortune in return for their efforts.

Ken is a real treasure and the glue that holds us all together and I for one feel that he deserves our thanks and praise.

I wish Ken and all of us health, happiness and prosperity for 2019!

Howard

5 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Howard,

I agree, Ken is great resource. On another note, has this Patient web site changed recently ?I stopped getting emails from the site since about Dec 22, 2018.

Thomas

• Posted

Hey Tom

Sometime they have a problem. Sent a note to them I had to do that a few times.

Only a half hour to go.

Happy New Year...Ken

• Posted

Yes indeed , it was Ken who advised me i had typical BPH symtoms in 2014, when at the time i was in panic mode thinking....Prostitus!!! (oops spelling). so always thank you! happy new year, to all on this forum!!!...Syd

• Posted

Would you not sooner have had prostatitis that can (hopefully) be cured rather than BPH that worsens with time ? In my case prostatitis has not returned since my last BPH laser procedure in 2013.

What treatment did you elect to have for your BPH ?

• Posted

Hi, no not really.....as an ex pro cyclist prostatitis always held a real physical problem.... BPH..(once the UTI thing had been resolved!!!!!!!) was never a real problem....in the UK, we do not have all the treatments available that some other countries have..my choice in the end was either Drug treatment !!standard TURP or Geen laser turp, so , because i wanted them to test the bits for cancer etc etc, i choose standard turp........i would not recommend that to everyone, even tho` mine was successful!!!! and 4 years later i am peeing better than ever, the sex is fine although i do get RE quite often (~ no real problem) and most important no UTI !! i feel better and do not have to toilet very often.........but as i said i would not advise others to do this treatment, and despite all i have said, i would probably not do it again!, so mixed feelings! and to be fair Kenneth advised against turp....and again, have a good new year...

• Posted

We have the treatments but the NHS only want to offer the cheapest. In the main they still prefer medication as that comes from our GP's budget not the hospitals.

It is too often the accountants rather than the surgeons we need to address.

Initially I had to fight to be referred to another area to get GL in 2004. I later moved to another TURP area where the surgeon doing Thulium/Holmium laser was never mentioned until a locum let the secret out.

• Posted

Good Morning Syd

Happy New Year to one and all. All I try to do is advise a man to look at everything and make sure the doctors do all the test they can. Because it may not be the prostate. It can be the bladder, the kidneys or even strictures..

As we get older that whole area things can go wrong. Every man picks there own treatment of choice. Because we all have different concerns.Myself I had pick a Urolift and it has been fine. Last year my doctor found out I have a tight external sphincter which I take Vasicare I'm fine with that for now. No side effects still. Another doctor may have told me that it the prostate and wants to do a procedure.

Sex is very important to me. I may not get it has much but I want the whole thing not to change I will never do anything at 63 to change my orgasm and ejaculation. Who knows has I get older that may change.

I know Syd pick a regular Turp. I'm happy that it helped him but he had a long hall to heal. I have been against the Regular Turp for many years To much things can go wrong. I think the newer Turps are a lot better for a man but you have to be ready for any and all the side effects. That is your choice and you are the one that will have to deal with the outcome.

Please do your research and ask questions before you decide anything. Also it is not just the procedure you have to have a good caring skilled doctor for the outcome you want.

Happy 2019 to all...........Ken

• Posted

Well said Howard , thanks Ken .

all the best to you and everyone else on this forum

Darren

• Posted

MAN OF THE YEAR.

Dose anyone know whatever happened to jimjames?

• Posted

Lester

Good morning.

I have been sending him PM's for the last 2 month's he has not replied. I will send another one today. He has helped many men on here with doing CIC.

He said no to the doctor that wanted to do a Turp on him He was able to fix his bladder with doing CIC. It takes time but it does works.

If I find out anything I will let everyone know

Happy 2019 to all Ken

• Posted

I asked the same question a month or so ago. I think he is having some other health related problems. So keep him in your thoughts, and for those that do, prayers

• Posted

Good Morning

Yes he was having problem with A-Fib. I say a prayer for him and a lot of the men on here. We need all the help we can get

God Bless you all......Ken

• Posted

Ken, thank you very much!

I think it was the Dalai Lama, that said: "we are here to help others. If we are not going to help others, at least don't hurt them."

"Happy New Year everyone!"

Much Aloha,

Dennis

• Posted

Hey Dennis

Thank youThat is very wise. We should help each other when we can.....

Happy 2019 to all Ken

• Posted

I agree, and without expecting anything in return. Happy 2019!

Aloha,

Dennis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.