In sooo much pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wish i could afford to retire between working trying to keep house in order im in soo much pain in my hands and fingers hips and my knee really really bad gets to the point i cant stand im limping cos im relying on my one side not to fall over its getting to the point i want to stay in bed but that wont pay the billssad

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't know what advice I can give, I find that faith and mind over matter work , but the pain is still there. Thinking of doing accupuncture before my thyroid dr. appt. I think there must be something to it if you think about how long it's been around.
    • Posted

Hi its something ihave to live with now cos i have been diagnosed with so many things i wake up in pain and go to bed in pain no win situation i guessed i had an over active thyroid years ago cosim vey small andmy sister is nearly 3 times bigger than me and she was diagnosed with underactive thyroidx
  • Posted

Awww Hotpicks, I know just too well (as I think we probably all do) how you are feeling. Juggling everything is way too much without experiencing total burnout.

I am myself contemplating on giving up work, In the past 9 months I have been off 4 months, back 2 months where I reduced my hours from 37 to 16 and am off again now sad. I am waiting for equipment to start homeworking but because I am now part time they weren't too keen and at the moment I am in alot of pain and don't even think I could cope with that.sadsad

It is a struggle financially and my independance is slowly slipping away, but it seems the harder we try to fight it/cope/live with Fibro the harder it attacks us even more

Feel better soon hun, gentle hugs x

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are not well fibro has a lot to answer to it robs you of your independence one of the reasons i work as well not relying on someone never have its always been the other way around sending hugsx
  • Posted

Hi There,

I have just finished a Pain Management Program and during my flare ups I was hepled to learn some stretching excersises which didn't stop the flare up but is stemmed it so that I could get back on my feet. I really think that gentle stretching techeniques two or three times per day are going to help a little. I also have all the issues you have mentioned along with my neck, shoulders and Back. one of the best stretches for your hip is tsit on the floor legs stretched out flat in front of you and bring your bad leg up so that your foot is flat on the floor next to your knee and then lower your knee towards the floor sideways. If you can manage it try pressing on the knee whilst it is out and just feel for the point it starts to hurt, and just back off a little. A Pilates group teacher would help you with stretches so that you could continue them at home.

I hope this helps, as for the finger tips sorry I haven't found anything to stop the feeling that my nails are being pulled off yet.....

• Posted

Thank you i will try them out im waiting to see pain management been waiting since before last christmaswhich is a joke sorry but im getting to theend of coping with the pain sending hugssmile
  • Posted

Hi it's difficult to cope when you're In pain. I took early retirement but it hasn't helped the pain. I don't have the work stress but sometimes that kept me going because I had no choice. Sometimes it was a distraction. This is the worst I've felt and I'm just praying it will pass soon . 

Im desperate to sleep just to get away from the pain. I daren't take any pain tabs as I'm coming off Pregablin . I suppose I'll get through we do don't we

• Posted

Hi HOTpicks

I know how you feel, lately my hands have been in pain daily, although I have been suffering for over 20yrs, the pains in my hands have not eased of late. As I usually have days with no pains then a few days with pains, ut it has been constant for a week or so now. My left knee I have osteoarthiritis and this seems to be lingering too, especially when going up and down stairs.  It's so frustrating but I'm not allowing the Fibro get the better of me. I take regular breaks and try not to over do daily chores at home.

I too wish I could be a lady of leisure but bills still come in and have to be paid. With family to support it's not easy. One day at a time is my way forward.

Gentle hugs and take care wink x

• Posted

It is hard i too have oesteoarthritis in my left knee which doesnt help my hands seem to be in pain constantly even when i stretch my fingers they r tight if i dont do the housework my hubby wouldnt do it and you would think i still had my children at home when i come home from work he works as well
  • Posted

Hi Hotpicks99 Really feel for you with how your feeling and trying to work also.Have you thought about trying to claim ESA and PIP. CAB would advise you and help with forms. many of us have had to give work because of fibro, some have even lost their jobs through fibro others that are working are struggling. If your working full time could you go part time and claim working tax credit. take care gentle hugs
  • Posted

Hi Hotpicks so sorry your in sooo much pain and having to work also makes it 100x worse. Have you thought about claimeing ESA AND PIP. I personally if I was you lok into claimeing 1 or both of them. There are help lines you could ring for help advice and people that are out their to help with form filling. Alot of us have had to give up work because of fibro, some people have lost their jobs through it. and others that are working are struggling.Some have gone from full time to part time.We have to be careful what advice we put as things keep going to the moderator. Their is another benefit you may be able to claim if your on a low icome. I cant name it as I tried in adifferent reply it went to the moderator for some reason. his reasonings on things baffle me at times to be honest when your trying to help some one. rolleyes. have a google look up your local   advice people if you know what I mean. take care gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Hi Kaz,

Regarding moderation and for info - there is a known issue where text without spaces between sentences are treated as links in some cases so get sent for mod. In your case it was PIP.CAB was trapped (and appears as a link here) so I edit a space in. It is an increasing issue due to phone/tablet etc usage and there is a fix in for this but if any "innocent" posts go for mod this will probably be the reason. 

If a post gets caught like this and you cannot wait for approval you can use the private message service to pass info on.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hello Alan thank you for taking the time to explain the reason for what I put going to you. kind regards karen
    • Posted

Thanks for theinfo i will have look its like you have to prove you r dying before they even think of letting you have anything herehugsx
    • Posted

Hi Hotpicks99 its so hard now a days trying to get any help support, especially where benefits are concerned. I applied twice for dla and got turned down. so when I tried for pip I wasnt hopeful. but much to my surprise I did get it. I would sooner be out working if I could, Ive never had any benefits support and help in my life up until now Take care gentle hugs 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.