Incision not healing so procedure will be done

Posted , 7 users are following.

Section of surgical incision from my left anterior THR has not healed like other sections have. Doctor is going to clean it out and close it again. He called me this afternoon to ask how I was and then decided it would be good to get the procedure done tomorrow morning after another surgery he has scheduled. So, an hour later I checked into the hospital. All pretests are done. Hoping this will solve the problem.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hopefully the negative pressure system arrives and will continue to heal your incision. I have a good feeling about the pressure system. I had the negative pressure bandage portable system applied after my revision surgery. It was a tube that was attached to the flat strip over incision attached to a small pocket size console with batteries . Was a godsend . 

Its going to help keep any partials out of the incision and less stress for you its new system with lots of good results. Amazing what will they think of next. Keep hands away my doc was adamant that my hands had natural bacteria that could cause problems. It also depending on your doctor will hold incision tightly together to  have less scar tissue and can do some exercises if needed. I did all exercises. It's good to just get up and walk . Nothing worse than stuck in bed. 

Sending you your fav chocolate bar.....🍫🍫

many good wishes for a complete recovery.

• Posted

Thank you for the comments.

I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate. Yum.

• Posted

I agree hope4cure, I think the negative pressure system a great invention.
    • Posted

I had something similar after surgery. It was removed and discarded when no longer operating. Worked well for that time. This one will be used for as long as doctor determines it should be.
    • Posted

After waiting all day, it was delivered later this afternoon. Everything is in a big bag. Home health care nurse is coming tomorrow morning so she will open and set it up. Looks like it isn't a small device but is supposed to be light. It's Avance Flex. Happy that I won't have to do anything other than have nurse do the dressing each time. Amazing about the technology. Expensive so of course insurance is hesitant to cover it, but it is covered for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.