Income related esa

Posted , 7 users are following.

I receive income related ESA if I lose my PIP would i lose part of my ESA I haven't had an assessment for esa in more than 20 yrs does anyone know why sorry asking 2 questions at one time Denise I would appreciate your advice

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Am not sure Jane am only 29 and just left the horrbile British army everyone please keep your kids away from the army 
  • Posted

Hi Jane,

Firstly ESA hasn't been out for that long, it was incapcity benefit before ESA which i'm guessing they migrated you accross without the need for an assessment. Do you know how long ago that was?

You haven't given enough of information Jane, to help you fully, i'm sorry.

If you're recieving Daily living part of PIP and you live alone because you're claiming Income related ESA then you may also be claiming the Severe Disability Premium part of ESA, am i right? When i say live alone i mean anyone over the age of 18 that's a non dependant, (anyone that you're not recieving child benefit for) If you are recieveing this and you lose your daily living part of PIP then yes you would lose this premium as well.

• Posted

OP means "other person" Jane i sent you a private message please read it. x

• Posted

Hi Jane,  it is not a very complimentary way of saying other person, although why she could not say your name I will never know. x
    • Posted

Thank you Denise have read private message I know and totally agree
    • Posted

I'm sorry if I upset that lady but part of my autism is my communication isn't very good and didn't ask the question right as I have mental health issues as well

• Posted

Ho Jane,  it is not your fault if Pitipiti  (I hope I spelled their name right) the person in question did not in my opinion,  have the ability to ask questions like they did.   
    • Posted

Not your fault Jane, just listen to Denise, she is genuinely here to help people. xx

• Posted

I will she always puts the answers that I can understand them
    • Posted

I agree Jane, Denise really does know what she is talking about xx
    • Posted

Thank you Jane and sukes!

Jane even though your original question didn't have quite enough of detail, it was obvious in my eyes what your were asking because you asked about losing part of your ESA if you lost your PIP. This could have only meant the premium. As you already said you were claiming PIP, even though you didn't state which part of PIP. There's only 1 premium that's paid with PIP that's part of ESA and that's the Severe Disability Premium, which is why i gave you the full answer in my very first reply to you. There's another premium that's paid with ESA but you don't need a PIP award to get this because being in the Support Group means a person will qualify for Enhanced disability premium (Income Related only of course) Please don't worry Jane. Thanks again for your kinds words! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.